ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Pictures of the WRX i am impoting and spec/cost

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2002, 09:30 PM
planefix
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

hello gents , i have posted a thread under insurance regards this car that i am about to import (that post gives the background for this post ) ......... well .....here is the beast !!!!!!!
and the spec on it is ........

1993 (late , so i am pressuming a L reg "
WRX 2.0 16v turbo
72K ( approx 50 ish thousand miles )
jap auction rated as immaculate ...
no accident damage
new apexi suspension
stainless exhaust
induction kit
strut brace
massive silver boost/turbo timer control tv thingy ( in the middle of the dash in the pictures )
cd radio
service history
2 previous owners
new 17 " alloys and tyres
recent cambelt and full service
immaculate interior
air con / abs / etc etc
front splitter
and im no expert , but has it got the later lights and bonnet ???

anyway , the bit you are all waiting for .......
it is 440,000yen , thats £2200 ish ......
the shipping is working out at £650 with the top insurance package
then the tax and vat on it and the sva mot registration on it
will put the total cost on the road with 12 months MOT and TAX
at under 4 grand .............what do you guys think ?????
good or bad ???????.........obvously there is a million variables to affect the price etc ......but the pics of it and the engine bay etc , look absolutly A1 condition ...........
your help and advice is very much appreciated , any comment god or bad will be welcome openly .......
cheeRS
dave owen ( aka flaming hell cossie driver !!!! )

Old 14 December 2002, 09:55 PM
oj
Scooby Regular

I'm new to this scene, but your new found car looks a stunner..!!
To me your bonnet looks like a later model, plus your front spoiler has a splitter as well... I am sure th eexperts will advise accordingly.....
Who's doing your shipping, SVA etc.. don't forget to ensure that you have your car and hi-fi covered on Insurance.... you never know, check the news out this evening...

Best of luck with your car....

OJ..
Old 14 December 2002, 10:02 PM
planefix
Scooby Newbie

i cant remember the shipping name off to hand , but i can find out and post if you are desperate ?....... yes i read the news !!!!! bummer fof some people ........ not sure where the sva will get done , i will cross that bridge when it gets here ......
thanks for the comments
cheers
dave owen
Old 14 December 2002, 10:06 PM
pramrace
Scooby Regular

looks like a p1 bonnet
Old 14 December 2002, 11:09 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

P1 bonnet ..... that's just the same style as any bonnet from MY97 onwards. But yes this has been done along with the grill and lights. For that money it seems a bargain. I myself have a jap import but bought it from an importer over here so could test drive it etc. I'd be a bit worrid about buying a car i'd never seen in the flesh.... especially when it's nearly 10 years old.

Tony.
Old 15 December 2002, 12:03 AM
uk_chris2000
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

the car looks like the top boolox hope it is ok when it arrives good luck with it m8
Old 15 December 2002, 12:22 AM
Turkish1
Scooby Regular

Stunning mate and a very cheap car, you have done well imho
Old 15 December 2002, 02:41 AM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

It's a deal, it's a steal, it's sale of the ****ing century

Nice one mate.

Merry Xmas,

Paul
Old 15 December 2002, 03:03 AM
tweenierob
Scooby Regular

Nice Car mate, if you are local to herts (by chance) a guy who works for me does SVA's...
Let me know
Rob
Old 15 December 2002, 10:21 AM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Looks great, enjoy

Tim
Old 15 December 2002, 10:40 AM
danny-boy
Scooby Regular

Looks like a stunner mate, need to get a big *** STI V spoiler on it and its a beaut!

Have Fun

Dan
Old 15 December 2002, 10:47 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Yes, you do have the later lights and bonnet. The bonnet might even be aluminium, if you're lucky.

If your insurance co. is anything like mine, they'll want a pretty good list of all the mods, so it's probably worth taking some time to figure out what they all are just in case. The lights, bonnet, front bumper and wheels are the obvious ones - the wheels look like Prodrive PD7's to me, same as mine. Good choice!

Hope it arrives dry

A.
Old 15 December 2002, 11:45 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Looks nice mate. I just imported my black one to and it came over with no problems. Was at the garage the other day and someone cme down from IM and said mine had an aluminium bonnet to. Was well chuffed

Do most imports come over with aluminium bonnets cause a few mates who have imports have checked to and found out so is theirs??!! Or is it just lucky?
Old 15 December 2002, 12:10 PM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Looks superb! Very similar to mine, and you don't want to know how much I paid 4 years ago!
Mossman
Old 15 December 2002, 01:06 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

have you got the auction sheet?
Old 15 December 2002, 01:30 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi m8

Looks the dogs danglies, good price too....with that sort of spec, miles etc, i reckon you're looking at a dealer price tag of over 6k in the uk.

Is the jap auction site online? If so, what is the url?

Chris
Old 15 December 2002, 04:08 PM
planefix
Scooby Newbie

Wink

wow ! , thanks for the replys lads ...... ok then ...... i have recently finished work with British Airways so i get staf travel still for the next 2 years , and i can get flights to Japan for approx 150 quid , i also have a mate over here in the RS owners club, whos brother works and lives over there and he said if i wish i can stop with his brother for a few days ....... but the whole trip would still cost me 400 quid ish for 2-3 days i reckon ...... anyway , i was going to play it like this ..... make out i was going to fly over and test drive the car etc , and then at the last minute just cancel the trip and just tell him , its ok just ship it anyway .......... i was planning on doing this , to see his response ...... if when he knew i was definatly coming over , got a bit flusterd and seemed iffy , then i would go ...... if he was kinda cool about the whole thing ( he has alrady offerd to pick me up form the airport etc ) then i would just trust him ....... the web site is
http://www.miki-seiki.com/ ......he deals in damaged cars mainly , but as of the last six months has been dealing in straight cars as well ( not repaired ones ..... genuine second hand motors ) you need a login id to view the cars so just email him and he will send you one ...... i have been getting mail of this guy for about 1 1/2 yrs now , and i figure if he was a con merchanant he would have dissapeard by now ? ........ i was working on the fact of the general condition of the car and that it looks mint all over, and as a general rule of thumb the japs do look after there cars very well ....... at the end of the day i am only risking 2200 for the car ...... i know thats a hell of a lot of money but i am sure this guy is straight ( famous last words ehh ??? ) ...... if it gets here and is a bag o crap ..... then im sure i could advertise it for 3995 and i think the phone would fall of the window sill at that price, even if it did need serious work.....so i wouldnat have lost out financialy either ......... sod it !!!! you only live once !!!!!.... i should know for deffo in the next week what sort of time scale and when it goining to be shipped anyway ......... the plan is to
get it back here , smoke around in it for a few months , and see if i like it or not ......even so i may flog it for 6 grand ish ??
and then go back to this lad in japan and then say get me two more , the same as this one ....... then when they are back here ......flog them for 12ish .......then go back again , and say can i have 4 please !!!!! ......... i figure if i invest 4 grand now ....... flog three scoobies .......i could end up with 4 scobies sat outside my house worth over 20K in a short period of time ........... still lets wait and see ehh???.......thanks for the replys , they are much appreciated , cheers
dave owen
Old 15 December 2002, 04:21 PM
Turkish1
Scooby Regular

Good plan mate, hope you are a regular on here to let us know how you get on. Good luck

Turkish1
Old 15 December 2002, 04:52 PM
griffm
Scooby Regular

Keep scoobynet posted there will be a lot of interested people here I'm sure.
Old 15 December 2002, 05:15 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Good plan but wait till you see the car first. I imported a car a few months ago and brought it over for £3000!!! That was a nice red one, 94 with a couple of mods. Ended up selling it for £4000 but it was a pain in the ****. When it comes over, you have to insure it under your name to get the dvla to send you the plates and it is alot of pissing about!

Definitely go and have a look at the car and check everything is fine. When mine come over, the rear shocks were knackered so i had to do that. Then i had to run around for the SVA cause they are so tight now and its much harder to pass. You changed the exhaust, blue bulbs, sometimes steering wheel etc. It can be a pain in the **** and i guarantee you will give up! I looked into doing this as a business but its alot of work and its not as easy as everyone makes out. Can be easy if goes well but if it doesnt, then all hell brakes lose!! lol

Keep us posted about your car though mate and good luck
Old 16 December 2002, 04:16 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

I might be wrong BUT cars of certain age (i think pre 97) only have the SVA which isnt as stringent as the ESVA. I also think that you dont have to pay if the car is 10years old and over. I might be wrong so check it out. You might find that bringing it in wont be an expensive affair.

Gez
Old 16 December 2002, 05:02 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

Why does it have the later bonnet though? Was it crashed?
Old 16 December 2002, 05:43 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Question

What about the 10% EU import tax?
Old 16 December 2002, 05:54 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Question

NOSH.... stick to your cossie from you know who .
Old 16 December 2002, 06:39 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Yeah thats what i heard to Gez.

We have already said about the 10% import tax
Old 16 December 2002, 07:10 PM
mista weava
Scooby Regular

looks kinky in black !
- enjoy it,

weava
Old 16 December 2002, 07:51 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

the auction sheet is the key...
Old 17 December 2002, 06:29 PM
planefix
Scooby Newbie

Cool

hi everyone ,
thanks for the replies
"money" when you imported your car, did you have much info on it before it arrived , ie reports , full history and a stack of photos inside, outside and even the underneath ? ...... and as an honest answer, if you did see some pics beforehand, did the one you buy look as good as this one does in the photos ? ..... ive done a hell of a lot of SVA research, but i suppose like you say it depends on the tester etc , but you did say you made a grand profit , so it cant have been that bad , even it it took you say a solid week of messing about, then that's not a bad return for a weeks work ? the only reason i am doing it , is because i have been to a few import places now , and to honest most of the cars they had, aren't i would say half as good as this one looks ...... its a hell of a risk to take, but at the end of the day if i get it back and its a pile o poo , i will flog it and pocket a grand , as long as im not flogging it for a grand's loss then i wouldnt mind , id just notch it up as experiance ...... whilst we are on the subject , do you have any good links on the net for importing advice etc from when you did it ???
many thanks again gents
i appreciate it and i will keep this updated ....
cheeRS
dave
Old 17 December 2002, 06:41 PM
planefix
Scooby Newbie

ive just read a few more of the posts and here's some replies to the ones i missed ...ooops
as far as the 10% eu tax ??? i'm not aware of that one .... could you give me any more info on it ??? ..... i know its 10 % on the cost of the car and shippin , then + VAT .....
ahhhahaaaaa......someone knows me as NOSH ..... but i dont know any mechanical design engineers ????? is that a little white lie on your profile to make you look good :-) ...... ??? ..... i believe the auction key is what most people go by as its a mega strict ruling over there , and that if it says its mint, then its mint etc ...... no accident damage , though have no reason as to why bonnet has been changed ..... for styling i pressume , like puting a 4x4 bonnet on a 2wd sapphire cossy cause of the big vents .....
cheers then
dave
Old 17 December 2002, 07:33 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

No Nosh no white lie just posting for someone else you knew in a past life. Is the cossie still alive and spitting flames or is it just leaking?

B4RNC

Quick Reply: Pictures of the WRX i am impoting and spec/cost