ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Here we go again.....time to get a grip on reality

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2000, 03:23 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Does anyone get p*ssed off with all the "best xyz in the world ever" releases? You know, "the best dance album in the world ever volume 42" kind of thing??

Well I do, and low and behold, here we go again. No offence to anybody, but just a few months ago the PE conversion was the best thing ever to happen to Scooby tuning - and look what happened to that.

Now we have the best thing ever to happen to Scoobies tuning volume 2 - the possum link.

How long before there is a new miracle product?

It gets much better(worse???), though. Now I have never met Mark U, but he seems like a top bloke-always helpful, lots of freebies, etc and none of this is in any way a criticism. Indeed it is clear that there were circumstance outwith Marks control which has led to the current position

We now have, however, the beginnings of the "best wax in the world - 2". Not so long ago Zymol was the business - best you could buy, but wahay - not any more. All of a sudden, Zymol is no longer king.

All I would say is go with what YOU are happy with and know to be good, be it wax, ECU's, exhausts, filters, (the bloody colour of the car you buy - really good that one!) tyres, wheels, you name it, they have all had examples of the "puppies privates"

The BBS is brilliant for help and advice it provides (one of the reasons it exists after all) and, hey, I'm addicted regardless, but the information available isn't the be all and end all (generally speaking)and anyone considering buying or modifying anything for their car could do worse than use the BBS as a starting point, but only as a starting point.

As far as I know Sheep can't drive Scoobies (although I've seen one or two in the back of an 'RS )

D.

(Not meaning to offend, and not even going to joke about a flame suit, but getting concerned as to the way things are going on here - and Never used a sad icon before)
Old 22 February 2000, 03:36 PM
AlexM
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sounds like a good idea for a Psychology thesis....

We do have a tendency to build up the products we love, and then tear them down if they prove to be imperfect or worse still, expose us to the embarassment of having chosen unwisely on the recommendation of others...

I also notice that the electronic medium encourages people to be much more... direct and opinionated that they might be if they weren't protected by anonymity. I think this encourages people to adopt more 'extreme' pro/anti positions than they might in the real world.

Cheers,

Alex
Not pro or anti anything

[This message has been edited by AlexM (edited 22-02-2000).]
Old 22 February 2000, 05:48 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Diablo

It will be a pleasure to meet you in person at Donnington on March 5th if u can make it.

The worlds best...can only be perceived in the eye of the beholder.

Yes I will be bring you and everyone else the worlds best car care products, my own brand and also that from other world famous manufacturers. Net results is an unbiased opinion on a whole range of products.
Old 23 February 2000, 08:14 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Sorry Mark,

Cant make Donnington, to far to go and too much work to do.

Please don't take my post as a criticism of you or your products.

I was just getting a bit hacked off with the way the BBS community can sometimes blindly follow where others have been without (apparently) much thought and every new product is the best ever.

I'm sure your new range is quite brilliant, but is it really any better than what you were supplying before? or is it perhaps just easier/cheaper/better value for money etc??

(Won't be upset if you choose not to answer that one - I know I wouldn't )

Cheers

D
Old 23 February 2000, 09:14 AM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Diablo

Offended...of course I'm not.

Better....its the same as the other products as it EU made z..... but for Wax Wiz. Other products in the range are also excellent. Just better value for money and something for everyone.
Old 23 February 2000, 09:52 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Mark,

Look forward to using the new stuff and the old stuff too

Superb to see you in Hull.

PS. Your Porker is absolutely frightening, and what a reg plate !!!!!!!

All the best,

Jon.
Old 23 February 2000, 05:11 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Jon

Hows u doin?

Nice to see ya still around.

Take it that as u are so close to Donno, you'll have absolutely zero excuse not to be there?

See ya there.

I'll arrange for a wee sample kit 4u which will leave Thursday.

Regards
Mark
WizWax