ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

STI Paintjob

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2002, 10:44 AM
He_Who_Dares_Wins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

We have just bought a Black 97' STI (Jap Import) and generally the car is in excellent condition.

Unfortunately once we washed it we noticed a fine spray of something all over the top of the car, but is worst on the bonnet.
Anyway we used some T-Cut (Which we now found out was not a good idea) and then polished her up. This fine spray still wouldnt come off, not quite sure what it is looks a bit like sap.

Anyway we're gonna try and use some swissol cleaning products on it (e.g clay bar etc etc), but if his doesnt work, I think we will need a respray on some pannels if not a total, depending on cost.

Has anyone else heard of this sappy buildup on other imprezas, maybe its something in Japan i dont knw??

Also can anyone recommend a good paintshop to have some respraying done...needs to be fairly local to where we are (Billericay, Essex) if poss.

Also if anyones had a paintjob done, could they let us knw roughly how much we could be looking at?

Cheers!

Dan.
Old 23 December 2002, 10:58 AM
russell hayward
Scooby Regular

If it's on the surface, the clay bar will do the job.
Old 23 December 2002, 11:07 AM
He_Who_Dares_Wins
Scooby Regular

ok well hopefully got some of that coming this week, so we'll see.

I think he will still have the bonnet resrayed anyway as there are quite a lot of marks and a couple of light dents in it, so if anyone does know of any good paintshops...please let me knw.

Cheers!

Dan.
Old 23 December 2002, 12:19 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

try the dodgy beemer garage near the five bells roundabout. Behind it there is a spray shop, he will sort you out. He did my brothers bmw body kit and it was perfect. and pretty cheap too. go to the five bells roundabout, cross the a13 so you are on the side with the haywane pub on the left, the take the exit for corringham way I think, not the one that goes to fobbing with level crossing etc, the next one. Follow the road down and when you get to the next corner the garage is on your right.