Advice on cleaning/washing my first scoob

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2000, 10:55 PM
Jon Sargent
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi folks

After exactly 5 months (expecting it to be 6) Gertjan Van der Velde from his dealership in Holland (with whom I had placed my order with back in September), phoned me up with the fantastic news that my first scooby is ready for collection! I feel as if I'm a kid all over again!!

After organising everything from travel to insurance to money I knew there was one thing I had forgotten - how am I going to keep my scoob looking as good as new?

I am really interested in using Zymol products as many posts have suggested it is the business when it comes to cleaning etc. Has any body any advice on where/how to purchase this products and advice on what stuff to actually get as I know their range is vast.

Thanks

Jon
Old 24 February 2000, 12:17 AM
xyzpaul
Scooby Regular

The Impreza's paintwork is laughably easy to scratch, so use as little pressure as possible when spongeing, drying etc.
Old 24 February 2000, 08:29 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

No substitute for a small amount of 'decent' car shampoo and lots of clear water - no brushes, no power washes.

Add in a wax/polish once a month after 3 months or so, and it'll gleam forever (or at least until it rains/snows/roads get muddy....)
Old 24 February 2000, 08:57 AM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Jon

CYA at Donno...I'll happily advise you there. Also you'll be able to choose from a wide selection including Wax Wizard Subaru Wax (an enzyme wax with over 45% wax content) or u can email me.

You'll need to protect with something very soon
Old 24 February 2000, 02:14 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

If the subaru's paint is not great, fix it! Get your car laquered(sp) before it suffers to many stone hits! Steve McCulloch had the bright idea to get his sti laquered in the first couple of weeks of ownership and he hasn't had any stonechip problems since! I will be getting my car done once I've had the paintwork seen to...

Beyond that, just wax it occasionally and be gentle when cleaning it.

Above all, don't get obsessive about cleaning the car, it's a road going rally car, not a bl**dy Porsche!

Moray