Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

How safe are our cars

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2002, 05:40 PM
Dav D
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How good are Cat1 alarms etc can the thiefs still get at our cars got cat 1/steering locks post on driveway etc how much security is enough ??
Old 28 December 2002, 05:41 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

Depends on how determined the thief really is..
Old 28 December 2002, 05:46 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Although not exactly chuffed about the idea, if they want mine, they can gladly have it. My family and my safety are FAR more important. I'd rather pay £300 ish for the theft excess rather than lose my wife and /or daughter.

Just my thoughts on this

Dan
Old 28 December 2002, 05:47 PM
Nick n Jewels
Scooby Regular

Angry

Just remember NEVER to leave your keys in reach of the letter box!

Apparently that's the latest thing

Jewels
Old 28 December 2002, 05:48 PM
scooby_xt_turbo
Scooby Regular

how safe? with an AK-47 under your pillow and a buzzer on the car that will wake you up, it doesn't get safer

PS. TBH it's better to take my car, than my life.
Old 28 December 2002, 06:10 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

See my thread in For sale and get an AIR RIFLE!!!!!
Old 28 December 2002, 06:11 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

funny you lot saying that, i was thinking this morning as i was waiting on me mam outside the shops, what if someone wee toerag opened the passenger pointed a gun at me and told me to get out..... would i do it. i thought of what i would say something along the lines "Do you know who this car belongs to" (because certain Ahem..paramilitary drug dealers use these types of car to do the rounds in, or **** you m8 you is gonna have to shoot me ya c u next tuesday". then i slapped myself and thought pay the £350 excess and get a new car.
Dunno about the rest of ya but since gettin the scoob i am alot more aware of who is around the car and alot more cautious about where i park it

cheers

big sinky

Trending Topics

Old 28 December 2002, 06:19 PM
Glenn_R
Scooby Regular

I thought they just broke into your house these days and stole the keys as its easier
Old 28 December 2002, 07:43 PM
beanchimp
Scooby Regular

they been breaking into houses for years for your keys, happened to a mate of mine, they didnt ask for the keys, they just beat the living cr*p out of them with baseball bats whilst they were alseep

Then took the keys, and promptly wrapped the car round a lamppost at the bottom of his street !!

I am really cautious and aware of who is looking at my car, or near it

and I also leave plenty of space in front & behind me whilst driving, or coming up to traffic lights etc, too many reports of bumps, then car stolen whilst getting details

Steve
Old 29 December 2002, 02:32 AM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Angry

If you chaps remember last year in North London about 5 guys whent on a rampage nicking a few scoobs and M3's buy breaking into peoples houses and holding them at gun point! Well they got them and now they are behind bars for 10 years WITHOUT the chance of getting out early.
As we are on the subject about 2 years ago my best friend bought an E30 M3 which was absolutley mint! A car drove into the back of him. He got out to see the damage(mistake no1, never get out, call police first) and the guy demanded his keys. My mate did not co-operate so the lovely carjacker whent swing at him with a baseball bat. Little did he know my mate teaches WIN-CHUNG (martial art) and is pretty lethal even though he is 5'4. This is the funny bit, the case whent to court and my mate got done for GBH as he attacked the jacker! Reason for this is because my mate is registered with the police re martial arts and he can not attack any1 unless his life is in danger. Now, how stupid is our legal system. He was sued for £2500 by the jacker for loss of earnings (b1oody joke) and court costs!
For those that are worried about car jackings, it has always been happening but never been publisized to the extent that it does nowadays.

Gez