Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

TRACKDAYS WARRANTY KILLERS ?

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2002, 07:31 PM
dazevo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read an article in evo mag which states modern cars ecu,s can give out data on how a car has been driven since new ie: tell if its been on track days) by obviously looking at revs red line after red line some ecu,s can even tell how quick youved changed gear, how many standing starts and so on and so on subaru seem to have taken a layed back aproach to track days stating (using a vehicle on track does not automatically invalidate warranty). But mitsibushi state that if a evo is used on track it would no longer be coverd by warranty there must be a few evo owners out there without a warranty inc the one i sold 6 months ago so how would the new owner get on with a claim when i sold my evo6 i wasn,t asked if i had taken the car on track but i had and driven it to its absolute limits for most of the day(needed new brakes and tyres all round} after all you dont go on track days to potter around so that leaves us all in a bit of a pickle my sti7 ppp was destined for a few track outings this new year and when it gets there i would have driven it as quickly around the circuit as i could, not so sure as wether to bother now because i know driving my car hard every time i get into it and throw in a few track days eventually i will have some kind of warranty claim but will it be HONOURED i think not daz......
Old 31 December 2002, 07:34 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

My ****!!

(apart from the Sky rine)
Old 31 December 2002, 07:38 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

If it can, mine must think it lives on a track.
new BMW's M series have a option to tell service tech if launch control has been used too much. didn't we have a convo on here about that, not so long ago ?

Andy

Old 31 December 2002, 07:52 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Can the people of here who mess with ECUs (forget who) reset any of this data ?

Andy
Old 31 December 2002, 07:53 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Talking

M3 driver you are cleared to launch .

How do you distinguish between pulling away briskly and launching. Surely the fangled electronics takes care of it and takes all the skill away. Whats the point in having it if its only going to grass you up when you have it serviced . Why publish 0-60 figures ? Makes me smile .

Old 01 January 2003, 10:22 AM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Why have the Launch Control if you cannot use it without voiding warranty?
They make you pay for these gizmo's but pull their faces when the car breaks down.
Old 01 January 2003, 11:56 AM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

The more important bit in the artcile WRT M3s is that it logs how many times the SMG is used on the fasteset setting, as this causes wear on the gearbox parts, surely launch control, is not likely to be used on track.
IM state in the article that track use doesn't automatically void the warranty but abuse on road or track may.

A