Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Dr. O.K. Wack Chemie carnuba wax

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2003, 10:08 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As many of you probably know already I have a new WRX arriving shortly.

Ideally I would like to use Mark's swissol products and probably will in the long run, but the pennies being tight at the time the car is delivered. I was thinking of buying all the accesories from Mark (water blade, towels ect). but use a cheaper wax to begin with until I can afford to get the swissol stuff to use with the accesories a sort of staggered purchase.

http://www.iauto.co.uk/system/index.htm

has anybody used this stuff the A1 speed wax @ £12, I know it will not be upto swissol standards I just want something to protect the car for 6 months until I can afford to get the daddy that is swissol.

im trying to persude my boss who uses swissol mystery (£250 :-o) on his collection of vintage mg's to let me have a splodge to get the first coat on, he is tempted with a test drive in the scoob so that might work out.
Old 08 January 2003, 10:54 AM
JohnS

I've tried it

In summary:

Very easy to apply and buff off. I'd say quite a bit quicker than the Wax Wizard wax which I've also got. Results seemed just as good, and lasted just as long.

I used the speed polish to start with, which seems to be the equivalent of the "cleanse" products. It produced a very smooth and glossy finish on the paintwork. I would say that it wasn't quite as effective as removing heavier swirl marks from the paint as "cleanse", but was easier to use and apply. If your car hasn't been cleansed/waxed for some time, then I'd suggest that you should acquire some "cleanse" from Mark, but if it isn't too bad (ie quite a new car), the the Speed Polish gives just as good results on good paintwork.

I then used the Speed Wax Plus 3 on top, which gave the paintwork an even deeper shine than with just the speed polish. I did two panels side by side with the Mark's wax, and also the A1 Speed Wax, and I couldn't honestly tell the difference visibly, or by touch. The door which was done with Mark's wax, did smell a lot nicer though

Both panels "aged" about the same as well, with no difference in beading after a few weeks.

All are great products, and I'd say that Mark's products probably have a very slight edge, but the A1 products represent exceptional value for money.

If you are an SIDC member, you can get up to 10% off the orders from the iAUTO website, by quoting your membership details when placing an order (same for phone orders).

John
Old 09 January 2003, 10:01 AM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Cool

pbee..I could always come and prep your car and seal the paint and then wax it for you. Also you'll get some wax included in the price as well. Your choice.