ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Engineers assessment - How long should it take

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2003, 09:35 PM
zilch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

After an embarrassing spot on "was it you" "UK300 in a ditch on the M4" reported and got the car to an accident repair centre on the 2nd Jan. The Insurance company have only just confirmed that the assessor will attend tomorrow ater a week of constant phoning to advise whether the work will go ahead. Anyone think this is a bit excessive, I do, a week seems a bit long and it was before the
freeze, so they did not have a rush last week. Anyone got similar hassles, or does your insurance typically work quicker

Cheers

Jim
Old 10 January 2003, 11:04 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down

When a taxi driver spanked mine, it was taken into the bodyshop the next day I got it back fixed the following week. Im with Churchill. So I would say a week is very excessive just to assess it yes.
Old 10 January 2003, 11:41 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

You need to have dealt with Privilege Insurance to understand the concept of excessive delays with assessors and the like...

Took them 4 months to sort an incident I had 3 years ago - I was without a car for that whole time too!
Old 10 January 2003, 11:46 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jim

Doesn't seem too bad. My sisters car got hit about 6 weeks ago and I am still waiting for the money I saw your car the other morning when I drove past the body shop and it was just sat outside.

Hope you sort it soon
Paul
Old 10 January 2003, 11:50 AM
zax
Scooby Regular

Car rolled almost 2 months ago now. Nobody else involved, simple damage assessment. Still no decision from insurance company. Needless to say I'm a little annoyed with them. It appears that they don't really know a man who can after all...

Who are you insured with?
Old 10 January 2003, 02:43 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes they will strip the car to make their assessment...

David
Old 10 January 2003, 03:33 PM
zilch
Scooby Regular

Cool

Paul, does not look to bad hey . Apparently today the assessor turned up and confirmed he will fax the go ahead today to the bodyshop. It will be 2-3 weeks before its back on the road, and the damage is about 4K

Dave, annoying bit is it took over a week to get anyone to bother to have a look, but glad he made the decision quite quickly.

Thanks for all your replies

Cheers

Jim

Trending Topics

Old 10 January 2003, 03:37 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jim

I only saw it from the front as I drove past (didn't want to stop or look like I was looking incase bodyshop thought I was theiving scum ) all I saw was a dent in the front wing. Did it still drive?

Paul
Old 10 January 2003, 03:45 PM
zilch
Scooby Regular

Paul,

no I am afraid it had to be loaded onto a wagon. Outer and inner wing buggered, Wishbone is totally b0lloxed, nearside wheel is at about a 60 degree angle, no doubt the strut will be naffed as well, rear bumper popped out one side, the clip holders are snapped, not sure if they can be repaired. All down to the nearside front hitting a tree, which did arrest any further movement backwards/sideways or in a circulation motion.

Oh and it needs a new windscreen

Cheers

Jim
p.s. If you see a Disco TD5 in OSLO blue on a 51, get off the road, they are a bit heavier and i am currently running around in the wife's motor today.