Web Hosting

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2003, 05:46 PM
Tboner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Edited due to commercial content.

Please either look at www.scoobynet.co.uk/shop/info.asp to sign up for a FREE vendor account on Scoobyshop, or contact myself for information on a banner advert.

Regards,
Shaun.

[Edited by Shaun - 1/12/2003 11:34:22 AM]
Old 12 January 2003, 05:47 PM
Tboner
Scooby Regular

Angry

To all Concerned

Please either look at www.scoobynet.co.uk/shop/info.asp to sign up for a FREE vendor account on Scoobyshop, or contact myself for information on a banner advert.

Regards,
Shaun.

Cannot reply to you Shaun the site does not work

Shaun! Do not understand why you removed this, I was offering the group below cost hosting for us all to use, NO PROFIT ? I thought this was all about helping each other out ! Have been on this bbs for 4 years on and off, completely absurd.
Trying to help everybody out with a passion for the car's as myself and this happens , superb will not bother again when the next person on the group asks or post's about hosting there site and server storage.

Regards
No Amused

Paul Turley
By the way we have all met on various occasions over the last 4 years at Meets and Track days
SIDC Member
Old 12 January 2003, 06:04 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

its amazing what 'money' does to people ey...!!!

i think the opening of the scoobynet shop may have something to do with the editing..

Dan
Old 12 January 2003, 07:24 PM
Tboner
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Yes well this may sum it up who is looking to make the profit !!!!! Not me at £25 a year for full hosting that's for sure.
Old 12 January 2003, 07:51 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Smile

Tboner

Stick it in the Scoobyshop basic accounts are free IIRC

Phil

Old 13 January 2003, 02:39 AM
95wrx
Scooby Newbie

Tboner
scoobynet has lost the plot money rules now
would have been interested in hosting help the same as the other help we all get from dedicated people on the sites
Dont let the money mad people stop us from helping each other or they win. I think it started in the THATCH days about time people started getting real and not so obsessed with profit.
FEEL FREE TO EDIT MODS
Old 13 January 2003, 08:39 AM
Tboner
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the response and your support i feel the same way

Please refer to scoobyshop (it's free) to advertise a commercial service(even if you don't make any profit) from it.

Regards
Very cheesed off scooby owner

[Edited by Tboner - 1/13/2003 8:45:42 AM]

[Edited by Neil Smalley - 1/13/2003 9:32:47 AM]

Trending Topics

Old 13 January 2003, 09:30 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Mod mode off

Scoobyshop is free to use, so why can't you use that? You'll get much better exposure there than here? Commercial(even non profit making) advertising was always a no no before scoobyshop and has been for as long as I can remember being on Scoobynet. This is certainly not a post scoobyshop policy.

In fact Scoobyshop helps the situation, because before it you had to take out a banner ad to advertise(you still do if you want to advertise on the BBS, but not in scoobyshop) now you just sign up for a free account and away you go.

I can see what you were trying to do and applaud the fact you were prepared to do something about it(a rare commoditity these days ). However as stated above there are better (for both sides) ways of promoting what you were trying to do.

Signing up for a vendor for scoobyshop is dead easy and will allow you to do what you want to do.

Yes money is important to SN, and every other person on the planet. However to say that it rules SN is taking things too far. If Simon was in it for the money he could have had taken up several offers for significant amounts of money, but would have done so at the expense of his integrity. Something he and the moderators are not prepared to sacrifice at all.

What is the big deal here? Tboner offered a generous service in the 'wrong place' and it was edited out and alternate suggestions made.

Mod mode on
Old 01 November 2003, 10:06 PM
Tboner
Scooby Regular

Regards,
Shaun.