ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

I love my Scoob.

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2003, 04:04 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have a Subaru and am addicted to acceleration.

I have a 96UK model and am completely addicted to it. It has an ITG Panel filter and a full SS system fitted. I have decided that no more power is needed as it can despatch most motors that will be found on the road.

I have had the car for almost 3 years, normally after this time I am getting bored and thinking about changing the car. Just recently I have thought about getting a big engined Diesel Audi / VW and having it tuned for big torque. The Imp is a toy for me and can’t really justify it, fuel, servicing and worries about leaving it parked. General Paranoia that comes with Scooby ownership.

Yesterday I was out on one of my favourite driving routes and had an almost spiritual link with the car. (Sounds cheesy but that’s how it felt)
I was on one of my favourite back road charges, this road has every thing, positive and negative camber, potholes, ruts, bumps, dips and a humpbacked bridge.

I was totally relaxed and in-tune with the car, put the hammer down in 3rd in to 4th, the car roared and accelerated with staggering pace, looking several bends ahead I just guided it like a missile down the road, everything seemed to fall into place, the chassis and suspension working in harmony. In 3 yrs of ownership this is about the first time I have felt like this and just when I was toying with the idea of what could come after.

Further on from this road is quite a steep hill both ides are fantastic, on the approach you drive straight up, going down the other it has wonderful curves to throw the car through at big speed. Enough to get a little drift on each movement of the wheel. Coming back up this side you can do the same.

Every time I go out and hear my car start I get a huge grin on my face, every time I go through a tunnel or narrow road I can’t help but drop a cog and hear that glorious boxer noise at 4500rpm. Every time I look over the Air Scoop or see people just stop and watch as I take off from lights etc I can’t think of any other car at the price that could make feel more special. I feel privileged to own a car like this.

In short I love the noise, acceleration and the general feeling I get from the car.
Old 26 January 2003, 04:17 PM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

as my user name suggests I'm new to this scoob thing.......feel just the same as you though- this is the only car I've had that gives me a kick every time I get in it.
Old 26 January 2003, 04:25 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
I went to pick up a Chinese Take-away
last night - although its only quarter of a
mile from my house it took me half-an-hour !
(only spent 5 mins in take-away). just had to
go the loooooonnnng way

alan
Old 26 January 2003, 04:37 PM
BIG E
Scooby Regular

Amen
Old 26 January 2003, 05:10 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Couldn't agree more!!

Got my RB5 back yesterday after having full decat, panel filter, eibachs + geometry reset, uprated brakes fitted and went for a blast early this morning to see what it was now like.

The change in my car is astounding.

The handling is sooooo good now and the speed, oh wow, just can't believe the difference. What a way to spend a sunday morning! No traffic and just thoroughly enjoying the sound, grip, speed and the feeling of being one with the car. The smile on my face at the end said it all (forgive the corniness!)

Only question I have is why I waited so long to have it all done........

Phil

Old 26 January 2003, 05:32 PM
jonny32
Scooby Regular

Anyone got a tissue ?.
Old 26 January 2003, 06:02 PM
madenglishman
Scooby Regular

Sith That was well put mate I've only had my 01 2 months so i am still having 'foreplay' roll on full monty!!

Trending Topics

Old 27 January 2003, 12:13 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sith

Nice to see how you and others really appreciate just what a good car a Scooby is.

I've got a MY94 STI 1 which even though it is getting on a bit is still a truly outstanding machine. It has only got a T75 turbo-back exhaust and the anti bump-steer with full suspension setup so far in the way of mods.

The handling is so good-especially in the wet,that I am hard pressed to remember anything better-even a racer on wet tyres!

It is in the same mold as the Lotus Cortina Mk1 that I owned in the days when it was still comparatively new. It has a character all of its own and if you ever sold yours you would spend the rest of your life regretting it.

Enjoy it while you still can, before the "Thought Police" control our lives completely!

Les
Old 27 January 2003, 01:09 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2
Thumbs up

very well put !
Old 27 January 2003, 01:38 PM
SeepyScoob
Scooby Regular

My Scoob is now a family member, I get to drive lots of different cars in my job, some good some bad. The best being Mercs and Saab turbo's. I can honestly say I haven't driven anything that I wouldn't crawl over to get to my beloved scooby.
My missus was apposed to buying the car from the start but now she wouldn't let me sell it even if we were bankrupt.
I even asked my 2 year old daughter what car shall we buy if we sell 'Scooby', reply 'another Scooby Daddy'
The car is not perfect but has so much character. More so than anything else I have driven... ever!!