ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Abuse from owning a scooby!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 27 January 2003, 01:09 PM
Dunc20
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Recently me and my motor (MY99 UK Turbo) have been getting alot of attention, and it's the sort of attention i can do without!

While driving round my local town, it has the usual scallies sitting on bench's with a 2 litre bottle of white lightning cider. I have been getting agressive abuse when i drive passed and things thrown towards my car (nothings ever hit it!). And i'm left wondering what their F**king prob' is. I have a blitz exhaust on the car so it does attract attention. Does anyone else suffer this abuse?

Also, just after Xmas i went for a drive to the local asda in the town next to mine. Its a town called Runcorn, it's full of express ways and round abouts. On one of the express ways i over took a fiesta (this was at night, roads were quiet), i thought nothing of it, i drove on a further 2 miles, got to asda and realised it was closed so turned in the car park and drove out, realising the fiesta was still following. Got on the next express way and was goin about 50mph and the fiesta drew up along side with a group of 4 lads in it all giving the sort of gestures i'll leave to ur imagination, hangin' out the window etc....

Anyway, we were coming up to the slip road i needed, and aticipating the situation i nailed it passed the car, knowing if i stayed behind it i would be blocked by them!! Just my luck there was another car at the bottom of the slip road at a junction, so i stopped behind this car but alongside it, if you get what i mean. Just as i thought, the fiesta cained it up behind me and b4 their car had stopped all 4 doors flung open and 4 lads ran towards my car. I was in the car just with my g/f and wasnt gonna hang about to see what they were gonna do. So i floored it passed the car infront and across a double cross junction with traffic coming either way!- i wasnt proud of the way i did that as i could have crashed which i nearly did. But i ask you, what would you have done?- maybe they would have just banged on the window tryin to scare you, maybe they wanted the car, or maybe they wanted to give me and my missus a good kick in!!- i didnt wanna find out!

Has anything similar happened to anyone, is this the sort of thing scooby owners have to put up with??!

Regards,

Dunc.

Old 27 January 2003, 01:21 PM
yoza
BANNED

Unhappy

I drive around in Runcorn,widnes,Warrington and Liverpool and Ive never had anyone throw stuff a me,maybe the odd pair of knickers but thats it.

As for the hand signals from the young boy racers I havent had any of that either,they look and stare at the car,but thats fine by me.

Is your car PINK ?

Later Yoza
Old 27 January 2003, 01:31 PM
Dunc20
Scooby Regular

ER, very humerous!
Old 27 January 2003, 01:32 PM
Dunc20
Scooby Regular

Humourous*
Old 27 January 2003, 01:40 PM
yoza
BANNED

Red face

Got to look on the brighter side,or youll worry yourself to death.

The next time a gang of lads run towards the back of your car in an aggresive fashion slam it into reverse and run the ******* over,job done,they wont do it again and will prob tell thier friend to stay away from you coz your off your head.

Dont tell the police I told you to do it though
Old 27 January 2003, 01:43 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

I find that strange that they throw stuff at your car. Why dont you stop and kick their butts or call the Police?

I think you acted right driving away with your gf in the car and without being armed against 4 big guys. Too bad the Police in your country are so busy installing radars, gatsos and other speed measuring devices; they could have been of help there.
Old 27 January 2003, 01:49 PM
Mmmmm
Scooby Regular

Thats really worrying, glad your're ok.

Sounds like they may well have been after the car.

With the abuse thing it only needs a few comments in the press to fuel peoples envy and to give ******* the excuse to think its perfectly alright to have a go at you, recently there has been an increase in negative press a about cscoobs. A good example of the way things are going is the "BMW drivers" thing suddenley every spotty ****** thinks its perfectly alright to cut you up and shout abuse at you just for driving a certain type of car.

Trending Topics

Old 27 January 2003, 01:50 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

I get people looking and the odd person trying to race me but i have never had a group of lads chasing after me or swearing etc. If anything, i get the thumbs up from them

Doesnt sound good though mate. Wouldnt let it worry you, the guys were probably off their heads! Dicks!
Old 27 January 2003, 01:56 PM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

Sod living in your area sounds like a right rough place. Either that or someones painted "kick me" on the back of your car.
Old 27 January 2003, 03:00 PM
D6ale
Scooby Regular

Wink

it's called jelousy,

your life is sorted out and nice....there sittin on benches drinkin cider and drivin smokey fiesta's,

their jelous.
Old 27 January 2003, 03:13 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I live in Runcorn and haven't suffered any of that kind of abuse, so far at least.
Old 27 January 2003, 03:16 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

If you have Gold Wheels it says that they can ****** your handbag see??

Pete
Old 27 January 2003, 03:42 PM
N1 SPAN
Scooby Regular

Feckin scumbags!!!!!
You did right. I wouldn't hang around to find out what they were after if there was an escape route......Your missus will probably think more of you too rather than stooping to a 'lesser' level.

Heard a story over the weekend of a woman my mate works with. She has some flashy car, can't remember what (not a scooby anyway) and she held back at a unction the other day and waved a couple of kids across the road, a very kind gesture you may think, she was thanked with flem on her windscreen. She was however, not grateful!!!

Plenty toe rags out there, try and leave em to their own devices, unless your a copper, in which case teach em a lesson!!!
Old 27 January 2003, 03:44 PM
P1 Owner
Scooby Regular

Just awaitng what the neighbours think to my recently fitted HKS Hiper :-() LOL
Old 27 January 2003, 04:44 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

I have had people get out of their cars on 2 separate occasions. One was for driving in a bus lane (at a legal time of day to do this) The other was for roasting it from the lights, guy next to me didn't like it. I was in one of those tunnel viion type hurries to get somewhere and din;t realise I had ****ed him off!

On the 1st instance, very luckily a rozzer pulled up behind me as the guy got out, but did absolutely nothing. The guy spotted the rozzer car on the way over and got back in his builder van and drove off.

Most of it is pure jealousy. In most countries admiration is that alone. In ours it seems to invoke violence. I would love to be a triple hard loony and kick some butts, but im not

MB
Old 27 January 2003, 06:59 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Angry

Hi m8
Had something similar happen last year. Three young guys in a Fiesta pulled out in front of me from a petrol station. I was lucky the brakes worked enough before I hit them. Road was clear so I was bit angry & overtook them. Then realised they were following me into town. Stopped at the supermarket and got out. They pulled up about 3 spaces away & got out as well. So I walked round the back of the car(wagon) opened it up and let my 9 stone dog jump out. Not a word was said - they just got back in and drove off. Don't know what I would have done if I did'nt have the pooch with me though? The dog is the same type thats in Turner & Hooch. Enough said.
Alasdair
Old 27 January 2003, 07:02 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Angry

Hi m8
Had something similar happen last year. Three young guys in a Fiesta pulled out in front of me from a petrol station. I was lucky the brakes worked enough before I hit them. Road was clear so I was bit angry & overtook them. Then realised they were following me into town. Stopped at the supermarket and got out. They pulled up about 3 spaces away & got out as well. So I walked round the back of the car(wagon) opened it up and let my 9 stone dog jump out. Not a word was said - they just got back in and drove off. Don't know what I would have done if I did'nt have the pooch with me though? The dog is the same type thats in Turner & Hooch. Enough said.
Alasdair
Old 27 January 2003, 07:03 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

must be something in the air mate !

I had two male passengers (one lanky, one lardy ) and a girl in my car on Sunday night.
pulls up at a set of traffic lights on the beginning of duel carriageway, cavalier pulls up along side me. I glance over and he's staring right at me and flicks the finger.
I wasn't driving like a tit previous to this, nor did I cut him up or anything....totally out of the blue <shakes head>
i could "slightly" understand it (as some have mentioned already) if I had booted it past him or overtaken him previously...

anyway, we pull up at the next set of lights (half expecting them to jump out or something ) I brave face it and stare back at him saying "what" as I shrug my shoulders (still staring at him)...they turned off after that
(that's about as aggressive as I get )

Andy (thank ****)
Old 27 January 2003, 07:04 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Ooops- must have a twitchy finger
Old 27 January 2003, 07:08 PM
scooby nutter
Scooby Regular

had this happen to me before with the girlfriend and myself in the EVO,the local "hardboys" mouthing off and generally being a**holes.Oh how shocked they were when i returned 10 mins later with 4 big guys in my car and kicked the Sh** out of them

never happend again,even now when we see them they just look to the ground

get some of ya mates and give em a pastin
Old 27 January 2003, 07:21 PM
markwild
Scooby Regular

Angry

I had some abuse last week, when my wife and kid were with me..

Some spotty kids in a festa coming past in a 60 zone, dual carriageway- I just let them by driving at 50... BUT they were all giving it the V's through the window and so on...

Bunch of **** !
I just carried on at 50 and they got bored and P155ed off ...

I think (no, I KNOW) I'd have driven through the junction too if they got out after me !

Don't get it very often and can usually be avoided by allowing them to get ahead - but its a tricky one...

Mark
Old 27 January 2003, 07:23 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I have frequented those roads too around Runcorn

never been a problem, I even got my first acknowledgement from a fellow scoob owner today

Steve
Old 27 January 2003, 07:28 PM
ScoobyDoo69
Scooby Senior

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i say get a flamer kit, and if you see them coming set theirs a$$es on fire!!! see if they touch you again!!

ScoobyDoo69
Old 28 January 2003, 10:18 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It is a mixture of "green eyes" and machoism-just evil minded characters wanting to show off to their mates. It is a great shame that there are so many with that attitude in this country, seems to be getting worse all the time.

I can understand how worrying it must have been when they all ran towards you at that junction, cant be sure what that sort of rabble will do, as was said before, they usually back off when confronted with a bit of force. They will be cowards at heart, but you need the right sort of backing to face them down. Glad you got away from them.

Les
Old 28 January 2003, 11:50 AM
streaky bacon
Scooby Newbie

at the end of the day never mind u will get that when u drive the car that we drive. Jealous springs to mind ive had it a few times
Old 28 January 2003, 01:13 PM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

I'm taking a pro-active stand on abuse from other drivers and plan to dish it out at every opportunity thus getting my retaliatory strike in first USA style!
Old 30 January 2003, 11:53 AM
Dunc20
Scooby Regular

Hiya Guys,

Thanks for all your responses, glad to know it's not just me, but none of us should have to put up with that sort of ****!!

Just to let you know to the people who live in the area where this happened, i'm not trying to give it a bad name or anything, it can happen anywhere and this thread proves it!

I particulary like SCOOBY NUTTERS method of sorting out this sort of prob!

Regards,

Dunc.
Old 30 January 2003, 11:59 AM
yoza
BANNED

Red face

Dunc,
You live near to me,if the problem persists,the fridge and myself will go for a drive with you and sort it out.

Let me know.
Old 30 January 2003, 12:05 PM
Dunc20
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the offer YOZA, but as i'm sure you'll appreciate trying to find a this particular group of scalls' in a fiesta in Runcorn would be pretty difficult as there is so many of them! Plus the incident happened at night so i didnt even clock the colour or reg plate...i'll be sure to be more aware if it happens again!

I don't like running from things like that, as the little PR**KS think they'd won, if i'd been with my mates it would have been a different story, but with just my missus i was thinking bout both of our safety!

Cheers again YOZA!!!

Dunc.
Old 30 January 2003, 12:27 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
LOL@the fridge.

I have never had a problem so far, i just get plenty of gawps from the younguns. I have GOLD wheels too. Amazing eh Pete.

Quick Reply: Abuse from owning a scooby!!!!