Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

spoilsport at santa pod yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 27 January 2003, 04:13 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Post by Adrian SADler http://www.imoc.co.uk/ in the Q and A section

Went to santa pod today via (dare i say it) a scoobie meet. I can honestly say ive never met a bigger bunch of drivers who are up their own *****.
Pulled up on the car park and didnt even get a look and when you get out and try to speak to then its "head down talk amongst yourselves. Its only a Mr2"
Also the UK scoobie club couldnt organise a **** up in a brewery as the people who we were following took us round in a circle 3 times before they worked out where they were supposed to be going.
Even when at the Pod they kept themselves to themselves and they wernt even that quick either.

Bit of respect eh lads?

Big thanks to the Civic Type R and the other car (cant remember what it was) who joined us and made our own way there.

Next time i will be competing and hopefully a few more 2s would turn up as only saw 4 today including me and my mates car.

Anyone fancy going to the pod next month and try to get a proper meet for Mr2s ?

i had to reply lol, my g/f told me about it shes a member of the iwoc and scoobynet and has an mr2

my response

"Bit of respect eh lads?"
you put a post saying that Impreza drivers are up their own ***** and you want respect? And what you mean they werent that fast, no cars posted really quick times as i recall, especially mr2s. In fact one of the best times was done by a girl in a nissan pulsar. It was a **** day for times as the track was useless for grip, every car including the 4 wheel drives had a hard time of it.

Youre probably the only guy who went there and has a negative view of other owners. I dont care what anyone drives, but attitudes like yours really suck, no wonder everyone ignored you when they saw the victor meldrew clone approach.

Yes there were a lot of Imprezas there, but it was a meet open to everyone for any type of car, i even saw a 12 year old standard pug on the strip having a go, fair play to him. If there wasnt many mr2s there then thats just life aint it. And if the "uk scoobie group" whoever u mean by that couldnt organise a **** up in a brewery why are u complaining that there were so many imprezas there? obviously they could organise something.

My advice to you is to remove your head from your ****, the world isnt flat you know.

BTW i liked the black mr2 with the air intake on the roof, nice car.

Old 27 January 2003, 05:12 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

If it makes you feel any better we were also ignored by a group of Subaru jacket wearing people. Not even a hi or a nod from them. I've never seen them before and they definately weren't scoobynetters or any other important derivative of scooby clubs. Nevertheless, I couldn't care less as I'm not into them elitist thing.

I'm surprised that the MR2 still managed to get 15 seconds by the way seeing that the conditions were bad. Whoever that was all I can say is respect to them.

Oh AWD != Guaranteed traction
Old 27 January 2003, 05:41 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

We tried our best to ignore Katana, but couldn't - he just kept following us.

Even after hiding behind the cafe, he managed to find us again.
Old 27 January 2003, 06:15 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
dont mention the cafe, queued 40 mins for the worst 'food' i ever tasted
Old 27 January 2003, 07:30 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I thought our meet went really well

despite coming from all four corners

had a fantastic day, and I spoke to several other scooby owners too, who where very friendly

we even joined a small convoy, of I think two STi7's a 22b and a very nice looking Green Sport

and we also had a bit of a laugh with the Convoy of Sapphire Cossies, RS Focus, and P1 , was funny to see the flames come out the back of the cossie, joining the M1 from the M6

Steve