Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Hanbury Manor - Experience of Oakes Grill ?

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2003, 10:08 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Oooops Forgot to book a restaurant for the 14th Feb. (AGAIN)Managed to get a table at the Oakes Grill at Hanbury Manor.
Has anyone got any experience of this place ??

It has gotta be better than my 1st attempt which was Bella Pasta in St Albans - That went down like a lead balloon...

Old 28 January 2003, 10:37 AM
met
Scooby Regular

if thats the main restaurant then its pretty bloody overpriced mate, if its the normal hotel restaurant then its very decent food & not massively expensive, however hanbury manor is the most footballers wives place i have ever seen in my life highly amusing though, not sure if i would do a valentines night thang there not very romantic & intimate, its a big marriott restuarant at the end of the day, nice snooker rooms & gym/pool though
Old 28 January 2003, 12:35 PM
Boarder1
Scooby Regular

Oaks grill is a good restaurant with good food, the prices are reasonable (it is one of the best UK 5* hotel's at the end of the day) The other resataurant named Zodiac's, is very fine dining and the prices start at £60 per head. (jacket and shirt must be worn, tie is optional) where as Oaks is very casual dress.

Beautiful hotel & surroundings for Valentines night. Yes, there is a lot Footballers wifes type of people, but being on the border of Herts, Essex & london its to be expected.

The only expensive thing is the wine list!! Nice bottle of Lafite for £6,000.00.

Definitly worth a visit.
Old 28 January 2003, 01:09 PM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

what are footballers wife type of people??? sounds awful- I have this vision of some dumb tart who went to beauty college- snagged some dumb footballer and is now living an awful empty life in some multi million pound mock tudor mansion. If I'm right why would anyone want to sit in the same room let alone eat with these kind of people?
Old 28 January 2003, 01:13 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Smile

Got my arris covered - have also booked a table at a nice little country pub-restaurant in Tewin. A bit more cosy although probably just as expensive (food at least) Don't think they do £6k bottles of plonk ! Nice real ales - which is a bonus...
Old 28 January 2003, 01:14 PM
met
Scooby Regular

hit the nail on the head on the fottballers wives sort at hanbury manor, harmless enough & highly amusing, it is a nice hotel though, would def stay there again.