ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Thanks to Listers for the STi8 testdrive

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2003, 06:08 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Thanks to Andy for the honest comments about the STi8 (and subsequent long test drive)

For what it's worth, here's a few of my initial impressions :-

1. When you first get in, THAT scoop is just too much

2. At high speed , I'd be rather concerned with how much the rear spoiler and bonnet (with windsock, oops, I mean bonnet scoop ) they shake

3. After testdriving the STi7 Prodrive, I prefer the handling of the 7 to the 8 - I didn't feel confident chucking it into corners at all. The car didn't seem to like it either

4. My MY99 still has more of an urgency about it although, to be fair, it was still quick....

5. The PPP for the STi8 is apparently pushing out between 315 and 330 BHP (from Mike Woods - not directly to me, but nevertheless...

6. Brakes, much more sure-footed than my 4pots (as you'd expect - they're Brembos!)

7. The seats, well, I don't think I could live with them over a long journey. They're harder/less supporting (?) than my MY99. Granted, I get the impression they're supposed to assist with the suspension in giving the driver more feedback but bl00dy hell!!

My final comments are the if you've got an STi7, then unless you're keeping up with the Jones', stick with it - it's a better car (IMHO ) You'll also lose alot more money on it.

The daft thing was, when I started it up, it didn't sound as burbly as a Scoob should - maybe down to the normal exhaust system (compared to mine anyway!!) Perhaps, I'm nit-picking. Maybe I should grow up or to be more precise, evolve (like the Impreza) - makes me sound like a monkey-boy really!! "ooo, ooo, ooo"

For £25K, it's a brilliant deal with PPP, you're looking at a frighteningly quick car

The 8 and new WRX are the cars that Subaru should have brought out in the first place (again, IMHO) I like the fugly, but not as much as the new one

Just my 2p

Dan (thanks anyway!