Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Privilege & Trackday cover

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2000, 12:07 AM
RogerE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with ALANB, it depends on who you speak to. I've had no problems in the past with Privilege in the past with track days. However, they do stipulate that you inform them in advance of the track day.
Old 02 March 2000, 12:39 AM
Stephen Read
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RogerE:
<B>...they do stipulate that you inform them in advance of the track day.[/quote]

Giving advance warning sounds fair enough but the person I spoke to - who had to check with a colleague before giving me at the speil at the start of this topic - did not state that to me!

Aargh!

It's a shame that Privilege appear to have got some business out of us because we thought that they were 'trackday friendly'.
It would be nice if they could publish exactly what the terms are of the cover are just to clear things up. If that means passing on a small adminstration charge then so be it.
Old 02 March 2000, 10:37 AM
Stephen Read
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I'm going to Donnington on Sunday and called my insurers to check for myself that they provide trackday cover - as I have read before on this BBS that they do.

I'm not paranoid, honest!

They said yes so long as it was:-

a). organisd by 'Subaru',
b). properly marshalled,
c). not a time-trial, AND
d). no more than 2 cars were out on track at one point!

I have no concerns about a, b or c but I know that we could have at 20+ cars out at any one point.

Is anyone else out there with Privilege and if so, have you heard a different story or arranged supplementary cover?

Withor wihtout cover, I'm looking forward to it all the same!

See you there.

Stephen

PS. Privilege told me they do not offer any additional cover in case anyone is interested.
Old 02 March 2000, 10:43 AM
Stu
Scooby Regular

I have a policy with them, chosen specifically because they accepted minor mods and track days at no extra cost. It sounds like the 2 car thing may be their escape clause!?
Stu
Old 02 March 2000, 11:27 AM
Clarkey
Scooby Regular

For the last Donington track day, they said there was no problem as long as it is non-competitive, etc, etc. This time they have told me that should be no more than 2 cars on the track at the same time.

Surely this is an unrealistic restriction?
Old 02 March 2000, 11:36 AM
JohnS

Exclamation

If Privelige have told you there shouldn't be more than two cars on the track at any time, then I would guess that you wouldn't be insured

I guess they can make up the rules to suit themselves about track day cover. They have probably had a few claims recently, and are just trying to tighten the purse strings a little.

Insurance is optional of course, but recommended if you aren't a track regular. Having said this, even a lot of the guys who do a lot of track days take out the extra cover.

There was a thread on here a few days ago, about the rates Egger Lawson were quoting for the Donington, and they seemed quite reasonable to me
Old 02 March 2000, 11:38 AM
ALANB
Scooby Regular

I checked with Privilege yesterday, no problem with the track day whatsoever.
Guess it's down to which underwriter happens to be around when you call...

[This message has been edited by ALANB (edited 02-03-2000).]
Old 02 March 2000, 11:48 AM
James Adlington
Scooby Regular

Angry

I switched to Privilege just 3 weeks ago because they said 'Yes' to trackdays - no mention was made at the time of a maximum number of cars on track. If this has changed I'll be really p1ssed off!
Old 02 March 2000, 01:35 PM
RogerE
Scooby Regular

Check out this link for wht Privilege have officially said about track day cover.

Old 02 March 2000, 01:55 PM
Craig H
Scooby Regular

Last track day I was on, friend in Cerbera had minor prang. Privelige paid up with no quibbles - all 9k!
They stated as well we didn't even need to inform them anymore as it was automatic.
Wouldn't mind getting the facts straight before renewel - was one of the reasons I paid extra.