Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Depressed

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2000, 12:08 AM
Richard F
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also, might be a bit cheeky but you could always ask Mike Rainbird (sorry if I got your name wrong Mike, too many people corrupt it round here!) if he could advertise it through the RSOC
Old 01 March 2000, 10:44 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Well, the scooby hunting is going fine, I've got some people tracking down just the right car for me, so why am I depressed? Well I'm trying to sell my current car but no-one seems to be interested in it. I've placed adds in autotrader, fish4cars, loot, excite classfieds, findit, and a few others. But have I had any responses>, no, not one, ok so it's been only a week since the ad was placed, so maybe I'm being a little impatient.

I know this is not the place to rant on about this, especially as the car is not even a scooby, and I'm sorry, but if I cannot sell the current car then I cannot get the scooby I want (WRX Wagon - hence part ex not really being an option)

Anyone got any ideas as to what else I can do.

I cannot really spend all day on the phone as I don't think my boss would appreciate that.

If you are wondering what the car is, then take a look here
Old 01 March 2000, 11:46 AM
Richard F
Scooby Regular

I think used cars a moving pretty slowly at the moment. I guess if you're happy to lose LOTS then you could ask a Ford dealer if they'd take it but you'll be losing big money.
Old 01 March 2000, 11:57 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Richard F:
Know what you mean, I've talked to the dealer where I got the car and my jaw dropped when he told me what he'd give me for it. I might try him once again saying that I want X for it and that I'm just being nice to him as another ford dealer has promised to give my Y for it, but I doubt it'd work.

Shouldn't have bought the bloody thing in the first place, should have got a scooby instead, have learnt my lesson now!

Old 01 March 2000, 05:16 PM
Showtime
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

No Help markus I'm afraid, but i tried for 10 months to shift my 1996 RS2000, eventually sold it to a dealer. They gave me a price which was terrible, I tried to flog privately..not a single call in months, when I went back to dealer 3 weeks later..a desperate man by then, price had dropped even more.

moral: bite the bullet now, it's probably the most you'll get. Just finance the scoob for longer..that's what I did and I'm damn glad i did...think I'd still be waiting for the fone to ring even now..

and don't use any of these flamin canvassers either..waste of money
Old 01 March 2000, 05:26 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Hmm..
sound advice Showtime...
I was so close to buying an ST24 before the scooby, but the ridiculous residuals put me right off. (20k new, 15k when you drive off the forecourt)

Good luck mate.
Cem
Old 01 March 2000, 05:33 PM
ChrisG
Scooby Regular

Same problem myself.
Scoob on order (April delivery), car for sale (very clean Integra Type-R), advertised Auto-Trader, Top Marques, Find-it, local paper etc, not one phone call
Even tried selling to trade but being offered up to £2000 below bottom book price.

Think I might have to raffle it.

Old 02 March 2000, 11:42 AM
Showtime
Scooby Regular

Blow Dog, I too thought about ST24, but same story...nice enough cars, but no one should lose that amount of cash on a car so soon..

got your speakers yet ??, I'm off to tottenham court road next week to have a look about..let you know what I get
Old 02 March 2000, 02:20 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Wow, thought I was the only one mad enough to consider an ST24, goes to show how wrong one can be. As I said, I only regret it because of the residual vaule of the car. The car itself is very nice.

Thanks to all for the advice. I've now put the car details in the for sale forum on the RSOC BBS. Hopefully something will come from that, if not then it's back off to the ford dealer.
Old 02 March 2000, 02:26 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Cool,
email me as to when you plan on driving to Tottenham Court Road, I may join you.
Cem
Old 02 March 2000, 05:37 PM
Showtime
Scooby Regular

Cool

good luck Markus..

Blow Dog (thats a great name..wouldn't have the neck to use that meself )

I'll be at one of our offices in Bank, so a tube ride at lunchtime will be the route to TCR. Will still mail if I get time to go there.

Old 02 March 2000, 07:32 PM
ChrisB

Markus,

If you're upset, ask my Dad about his 1.8LX M plate Mondy!

Ian Shipton (
Old 02 March 2000, 08:14 PM
Doogsy
Scooby Regular

Angry

I unfortunately succumbed to the lure of a Mondy ST24 after my first Scooby was stolen and written off.(Guy that was caught after crashing it got a driving ban and fined £500.Who says crime doesn't pay).
The Mondy was a demonstrator with 2000 miles on the clock for £17100. Got bored with it quickly and looked around for something more exciting.Then the horror of rapid depreciation hit me. The trade were not really interested in it at all.Trade in was bottom book at best.One Ford garage said they could get them direct from Ford for £11000 for the same age i.e. 50%depreciation in 8 months.
Eventually got shot of it privately through Autotrader for £13900. They seem to lose at least £600 per month. Ouch!
Now back with a proper car a MY99 Scooby.