Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

srx/2.0l sport - N./A sport scooby help??

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2003, 05:45 PM
Sad Air
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

help! i need power!

I imported an srx....a model sold in japan, basically an n/a wrx. this is NOT the gx with the 2.0 sohc 125 or whatever hp engine, its a non turbocharged ej20, dohc an stuff.

interior is wrx-ish
momo wheel,leather shift, big tach in the middle etc

its either really similar or the same as the 2.0l sport that was sold in england - i havent seen it on subaru uk's site tho

does ANYBODY know neone who makes intake/exaust etc tuned for this car? it drives great but sorely needs more power...the exaust is 1.75 at my measurment (*gag*) help help help!
Old 07 April 2003, 05:45 PM
clarence
Scooby Regular

This car is basically a non-turbo WRX (i.e. a 4-cam N/A boxer engine), with 155ps as standard. So it should be faster than a UK Sport.
Old 07 April 2003, 05:57 PM
blf21
Scooby Regular

Do you have any pics? I'd be curious to see your car.

Amoung others, Scoobysport and TSL sell panel filters and exhaust mods for the Sport.

Ben MY99 DGM Sport
Old 07 April 2003, 08:25 PM
Sad Air
Scooby Newbie

Talking

sweeet, thanks for the info

yeah i have info up the wazoo about the car, altavista's japanese translator is a wonderful thing, i can post it for anyone who's interested and thinking about looking for one

i just took some pictures, i'll post them a bit later.

so clarence the u.k. sport is sohc and not an ej20? does this mean my bolt ons, extractors and exaust especially, would have to srx spec from japan (a wee to expensive) or, perhaps, tamer wrx spec parts (e.g. a 2.25" pipe) could work?

ben i'll give you a rundown on the srx nex msg...duckin the boss

Old 07 April 2003, 08:47 PM
clarence
Scooby Regular

Both the Sport & SRX have EJ20 engines (& so does all WRX & STi), but the Sport have the SOHC version of the EJ20 & the SRX have the DOHC version. That car looks exactly like a WRX but for the lack of bonnet scoop & different alloys.
Really dunno abt mods, as that car isn't popular in Japan, but I guess most Jap brands will have sth for them. I think u may be able to fit backboxes etc. from a WRX onto it.
Old 29 May 2003, 01:03 PM
glynieboy
Scooby Regular

At last some one with the same car as me! I have the jap imported wrx non turbo version too. Mine is my00 which is the new age shape.

I have spoken with cobb and K&N direct reference induction kits for these car. Both with the same answer, they dont do one for these cars!

I have since spoken to a company called jap speed based in southampton. They can custom build an intake to fit these cars. For an under the bonnet induction kit youre lookin at £180 plus vat but that does inc fitting. The will also design and install a ram air induction kit which takes the air from the bottom front of the car where the air is much colder/free flowing and moist. using a ram air intake over a standard under the bonnet gives you lots more power. The cost for a custom built on of these is around the £280 mark ex vat but inc fitting.

Also to make the car spit the air out faster you will need either a free flow cat or a de cat fitted. These guys can fit a de-cat for £75 ex vat or fit a free flow cat which is near de-cat performance for around £470. A lot more expensive but totally legal!

I'm planing on getting my done in the next couple of months. Also hoping to get some pic's of my car up on my website soon.

I would be intrested to see your jap sport.

Have you managed to do any mods on your car yet?

Cheers Glyn