ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Got me a Aussie WRX today

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2003, 08:29 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I've been lurking here for about 1 year now asking many newbie questions and also trying to save up some dough for my first Impreza.
Well today I finally bought one, a mint Aussie WRX and I am over the moon with it.
I started the day with a drive down to Horsham (in my Vectra!)For the Sussex meet, then had lunch with fellow Scoobynet members, and finally doing the deal and driving the car away (My wife is now the proud owner of a Vauxhall Vectra). What a magnificent way to buy the car, thoroughly enjoyed myself today and the seller was an absolute Gent.
After a petrifying drive home (with my 6 year old in the passenger seat asking me what button does what) I eventually got home & backed up the driveway and saw a few curtains open from the neighbours (probably the Scooby Sport exhaust)
I remember reading peoples comments a year or so ago about people staring at the car as you drive by and never really believed it until this evening.
I think I'm getting paranoid but people actually look the car up and down when I stop at traffic lights now, a few lads waiting at a Bus stop turned and looked as I drove by, and to top it all when I got my first tank of Optimax tonight the petrol station attendant was asking me loads of questions about the car. I felt too ashamed to tell him I only bought it 4 hrs ago.
I can't take any pics yet as my camera is out on loan at the moment but keep an eye out in the member’s gallery.
This car is mint, when I say mint I mean showroom mint. I was very lucky to find this car and really appreciate what the ex owner has done and all the extra's he chucked in as part of the deal, much obliged if you’re reading Mortoyz.
Anyway, look out for a Red Mica W-reg at the Southern meets in the future as I am now officially a Scoobynet member with a Scoob.
Am I happy, guess....?

Old 06 April 2003, 08:43 PM
BL
Scooby Regular

Good to see you got a good buy.

You better look after it & clean it constantly otherwise you'll have the Aussie haunting you

Isnt that right Marcus

Bob
Old 06 April 2003, 09:01 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Thumbs up

That is a nice car, I was shown round it a fair while ago. I don't think I have ever seen a scooby in such mint condition.
Enjoy

Steve
Old 06 April 2003, 09:16 PM
p1 tud
Scooby Regular

congrats on the purchase mate. cannot wait to see the pics.
Old 06 April 2003, 10:46 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Top car and it was good meeting you today.

I'm sure you'll have hours of fun in it! Don't forget it's the Surrey meet next Sunday!
Old 06 April 2003, 11:44 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Danny, good to meet you today . Marcis sure did look after that WRX, and as we said today, never took it out in the rain . Its pretty unique.

Enjoy your new car, and welcome to scooby ownership. Looking forward to seeing you at future Surrey/Sussex meets.

Mark
Old 07 April 2003, 01:21 AM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Danny,
You are a very lucky man

It has to be Scoobynets cleanest car (I include all those my03's just out the showroom)

Enjoy

Iain.
Old 07 April 2003, 07:39 AM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Dyney,
I have a lot of pressure on me to keep it in the same condition as when Marcis sold it to me.
The thing is though, I will be using it in the rain!
Oh the pressure.
I'm just off to work now, ready to show off to my colleagues who know nothing about my new purchase should be fun.
Old 07 April 2003, 08:52 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

My work mates couldn't believe their eyes you should have seen their faces, it was a picture.
Have you seen that film Weird Science where the two young kids make a woman (Kelly Le Brock)and when they see her for the first time they are in awe and the jaws drop, well that was them as I rumbled in the car park this morning.
How long does this feeling last?

Old 07 April 2003, 08:56 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

4.5 years so far