ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

vandalised scoob

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2003, 09:02 AM
X SOOOBY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
let this be a warning to all you out there

this is a long story so i am taking a deep breath on the 5th of this month met 40 plus scoobs in a tescos car park in basildon to go on a cruise to southend pulled into the carpark got out spoke to a few scoob owners the carpark looked awseome woth all these scoobs in there

8pm comes and everybody starts up and starts making there way to southend eveyone that is exept me my car wont start just keeps turning over but not catching a few tried to help but most were of and had not noticed my plight (some noticed though but that is another thread)

so there i am the only scoob when once there were 40+ scoobs looking very very lonely so i call the AA out and the guy was very helpful which really surprised me he detecked that there was spark and some fuel pressure allthough couldn`t tell if enough and decided i needed a flat loader

the car was brought home so monday morning came and got the car over to scoobysport where they basically changed every sensor ecu fuel pressure etc..... and the car still would not start they were scratching there heads why would it not start

so they went back to basics and checked the fuel and what there is some kind of tar like substance particles floating in the tank
that could best be described as creoste so at last we know what is causing the problem with the car i wern`t sure if i was happy that the problem had been found or that i was pissed off that someone had put it in the tank

the only other thing i thought it could of been is i put some aldons octane booster in the tank a couple of hours before the problems allthough i have used this on many occasions without problem and pete said it couldn`t be that

so new tank the fuel lines cleaned out a new fuel pump (allready had a walbro ready to be fitted luckilly) injectors fuel rail nightmare i am claiming off my insurance and the assesor is looking at the car on tuesday so hopefully it is not all doom and gloom

so how and why did they do it apperently pete at scoobysport sais it is p$ss easy to open the fuel filler cap with a thin bladed penknife but why i cant get my head around i why not scratch it or whatever it must of been easier

so the first mod i will be doing to my scoob when i get it back will be a locking fuel cap and i reccommend you do to

Old 21 April 2003, 09:44 AM
duSTI
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear about this mate, I remember seeing your car at Tesco's but don't remember seeing you broken down.

Have you any ideas who would have down this?

All the best.

Jim
Old 21 April 2003, 11:14 AM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

Hi xscooby, i was in Hotpants silver scoob that stopped and helped give you a push, sorry to hear all the **** you have had to go through to find out what the problem was. Even more annoyed for you that it seems someone has deliberately tampered with your petrol tank. !! I guess it would be difficult to smell if it was creosote (sp) what with the smell of petrol but do you think it would be worth getting it analysed ? Do you have any ideas who could of done it ? dont have a disgruntled neighbour that dont like the noise of the scoob ? or jealous more than likely.

On having to get a new locking petrol cap, how about one of the circular drilled steel ones, they look pretty cool i reckon. IMHO hope you get it back on the road soon with minimal cost. May see you on the 3rd May if you have it running then. SE cruise again.
Old 21 April 2003, 11:15 AM
X SOOOBY
Scooby Regular

no idea at all it just seems so nuts as you would of though that it would of been behond the local vandals inteligence to do it and a lot easier just to of scratched it
Old 21 April 2003, 03:24 PM
BASHER
Scooby Regular

xscooby, know what you have been through mate. I had my STi 7 for 10 days in which time had the front and the back ends scuufed in seperate incidents and then some *.,*'. put a key down the front door and wing.

HAPPY MOTORING!

Basher
Old 21 April 2003, 07:14 PM
george_mckinley
Scooby Newbie

hi, maybe this was done delibrately so your car would be stranded and then could be stollen, maybe im being daft but might be right!
george
Old 21 April 2003, 08:53 PM
trugoy
Scooby Regular

be a bit tricky nicking a car that won't start unless they bring the equipment to fix it along with them, a long winded way of stealing a car maybe? Car well worth the effort though!! Just can't see any car theif going to these lenghts.
Old 21 April 2003, 09:00 PM
BASHER
Scooby Regular

Maybe they just wanted certain parts!
Old 21 April 2003, 10:35 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

or had a trailer / low loader?? For multiple £££ of car its worth hiring one isn't it?