Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Damage after repair.

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2003, 06:23 PM
Silverman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my car back last week from the "approved repairer" following an insurance claim. To mt horror there was a dirty great **** on the front bumper. DEF not there before. The garage is not taking any responsability for the damage even though the car had clocked up 4 miles. How do I stand, they did take pics of the car for the insurance comp but not of the front. All I have to go on is the collection driver did note a chip on the front bumper. Anyone with 2 eyes on the front of their head couldn't have missed the damage.
Other list of faults;
Camber angle on repaired side "well out"
Trim on rear door buckeled.
Trim on inside of B post hanging off.
10mm diferance in ride hieght between both sides at rear.
Glazing trim badly fitted.

What do you all think.
Old 25 April 2003, 06:26 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Complain to the insurance company - say that you're not accepting the car back in this condition....

Best of luck
Dan
Old 25 April 2003, 06:46 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you, this happened to me once with a Vauxhall that I owned, luckily after returning the car three times I got it sorted.

I would now only use a repairer who I trusted and had seen results rather than the approved repairer. Definitely complain to both insurer and repairer until your satisfied.
Old 25 April 2003, 06:51 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

IMHO
Whatever yopu do do not accept the car or sign anything from the garage without reading it thoroughly. Signing for the car may wellbe signing to say you are happy with the work and accept the car.

I had the similar problems with an MR2 - Talk to the insurance company ASAP, follow up in writing Keep the names and the date of anyone you speak to and always follow up in writing. The damage may well not be caused by the garage but they are responsible for taking due care of the vehicle in their care.

Good luck getting it sorted

oh and as for approved bodyshops, usually this means they where the cheapest to tender for the contract, dependant on the insurer.

Doi not settle for anything less than a perfect job, remember when you come to sell itr can make all the difference and anyway why should you have to.