Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

New Scoob; window sqeaks and boot rattles.

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2003, 12:58 PM
ScoobyDoes
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi to all from a new Scooby owner.

Just got my first Scoob - a late '98 WRX STi SportWagon in Mica Blue, and I'm quite impressed with it. I have had two Integrales and a Mitsubishi Evo VI before, and am looking forward to a happy experience with my mint Scoob, which has impressed thus far with its ride quality (esp comapred to the Evo VI). Seems broadly similar to the Evo VI in the speed stakes too.

I got it from David Hendry in Malmesbury and they really seem to know their stuff, so I'm hoping not to have the bad experience I had with the Evo VI breaking all the time (and no, I do not cane my cars thus knackering them - it was just a plain bad example).

I have so far found not one fault with it, but there are two niggles I'd like to sort.

The o/s/rear door window squeaks when done up. If you let it down a few mm it is silent (but not fully shut so you can't leave it like that). Any ideas what I can do about this - I thought of rubbing some vaseline around its door seal but I don't want goop on the window.

The rear (boot) space seems unduly rattly, and I think this might be beacuse the spare tyre compartment just has a bit of wood covering it and this rattles against the floorpan. I'm thinking of sticking some foam to the underside of the wood so it can't rattle. Anyone had similar experiences I can benefit from?

Any help appreciated.

Oh, yeah, and does anyone perchance know where I might be able to download some instructions for the Sigma M30 alarm its got. I can't find this on the 'net.

TIA,
Paul
Old 26 April 2003, 01:12 PM
LoFi
Scooby Regular

the squeeking window could be a glass against the frame rubbers, in which case a bit a talc should do the trick

LoFi
Old 27 April 2003, 10:16 PM
JKJ2
Scooby Regular

Have exactly the same probs on my '98 car. Tried silicone fluid on the rubbers, foam in the boot. Now I just drop the window a bit and inch the stereo up slightly. You WILL go mad chasing these noises in a Scooby, and when one goes another will pop up. Good job they are good to drive.
Old 27 April 2003, 10:43 PM
trugoy
Scooby Regular

earmuffs!!!!!!!
Old 28 April 2003, 08:04 AM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

I would send you a copy of the M30 instructions but your profile is not set to show your E mail address.
Send me a E mail and I'll return it with the instructions.