ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Changed CTR for STI

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2003, 07:19 PM
STIcky fingers
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Just traded my CTR for an 02 Subaru Impreza WRX STI UK Prodrive style(phew what a mouthful). Had the Ctr for nearly 18 months but haven't missed it. this is my first scooby and I am amazed at the difference in the ride, handling, and power delivery.
For a car with a fairly hard ride it is so composed compared to the Honda. So far on the roads that I have driven on I'm soooo impresed with this four wheel drive mularkey.PPP is coming in a few weeks can't wait.
Was told that the prodrive style is ltd numbers is this true?

Roll on summer nice long drives (and winter come to think of it)

Dave
Old 09 May 2003, 07:44 PM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

PPP you can keep - I don't want a smoother ride, I love the raw power and raw feedback...well, I would say that as the PPP isn't available here

Prodrive Style is limited edition. Only 50 came into Frog-land. I wanted one but was too late to get one

As for the handling, you are gonna LOVE the STi when you get to know just how well it does the bendy bits of tarmac. I got treated to a track day to learn the car - 180kmph+ (100mph+ to you) into tight bends was a lot of fun...taught me I could trust the car, and I do...damn thing sticks to the road like velcro !

Enjoy it !
Old 10 May 2003, 01:52 PM
UKType
Scooby Regular

The ppp really transforms the STi's performance and for me makes it far more enjoyable to drive everyday. I think about 750 STi7 Type UK Prodrives were sold in the UK although Prodrive do sell the bits to convert the ordinary STi7. Would also recommend you fit the Prodrive springs which improve the ride and lower the car a bit so it doesnt look so much like an off-roader.
Old 10 May 2003, 06:21 PM
Steve Holmes
Scooby Regular

I've been told the STi7 prodrive upgrade isn't available for my STi8. When it is, whta are the main benefits please?