Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Very Very Serious QuestionS ...

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2003, 08:06 PM
ibm380d
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK been drivingm My Company car for 3 Years its up for change and the Boss has advised us of the ££'s (wonga) we can have instead of the CC (Opting out to you Son)

Seen a VERY Nice STI Version 7 2001 Import VERY VERY Nice..on 19's ohhh...

I have a 93WRX so am not a complete Pinky to the Game.

MY Very Serious Questions are:

UK or Import. (I have Had Zip go wrong on mine in 4 Years)

IS the STI V7 the kiddie or should I go for a STD WRX UK300

What's the sort of Gas usage HONEST only please it has a 6 gear box with 65mph @2600rpm).

Has anybody Seriously thought about LPG as doing 20k a Year on average this could be a very attractive Option..
Old 10 May 2003, 08:10 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I have a Car Allowance instead of a Company car, this wasnt so much as 'opt out' as 'get out' as the company no longer do company cars

If you are doing a decent amount of mileage, you may be better with a UK car, or EU import, as you will get 3 years warranty

As far as juice goes, the company give me 12.5p a mile for business use only, and I have to have business insurance too which hikes the price up quite a bit

the 12.5p a mile does not cover the business mileage I do, let alone any private mileage

For every full tank of fuel wether business or not, it costs me personally a tenner at least

Steve
Old 10 May 2003, 08:14 PM
ibm380d
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers Steve

I am looking for a warts and all apraisal of the deeal so Cheers for the Reply.

We have a similar scheme with a little less on the Mileage side (11p) I have the WRX in the Garage and its used on a Saturday / Sunday so Iam not getting any value out of my Scooby. Using it short term is an option as it has an Alarming thirst for SUL and I doubt if the STI V7 would be worse...

Thanks again..

Eric
Old 10 May 2003, 08:20 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
No Probs

I get 500 quid a month car allowance, which I am taxed on, but then I get some tax relief at the end of each year, depending on how many business miles I do, the more miles the more relief

On average (mostly motorway) i get around 22-24 mpg, I keep it around 3k rpm, and dont really boot it, cept the odd occasion

on longer trips (ie to London & back) I get around 29-30mpg again sticking to about 80mph

My car is a MY00 EU Import, with Decat Centre & Back box, K & N Induction Kit, and Dawes Device set to 16 PSI

I have only just fitted the K & N (2 days ago) so I am still in testing mode, but those mileage figures were before the K & N, and there hasnt been any change really

I have a Decat Downpipe to go on, but my MOT is due in a week or so, so I will put that on then

Hope this helps

Steve