Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

p***ed off with my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2003, 11:59 PM
KaraK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
had the scoob in today to repair some damaged paintwork on the doors (it had been knacked by the previous owner using door protector strips) now when I went back about the problem first off the salesman looked at the damage, apologised and agreed with us that it is something the garage should have sorted before delivering the car to me. Now they have done the work but it is of p***-poor quality, looks like it was done by a 3 yr old with a magic marker. They are claiming that the only way to truly fix it would be to respray the doors - which they have refused to do. So I am stuck with the car which to be honest looks just as bad as before.

Also while it was there I was also having some damage to the rear bumber repaired (some git grazed me while parking) and this again has been done to a very low standard, the colour is completely off and it looks awful. Now this they have admitted is bad and have agreed to re-do. But I'm knarked because the paint guy KNEW it had gone wrong (he apparantly explained what had happened to the sales guy who went and talked to him) but was still prepared to call that a job and give me the car in that condition!

w**ker!

Given that between various members my family has dropped the best part of £30k at this dealer in less than 6 months we are NOT impressed and being treated this way!
Old 07 June 2003, 12:13 AM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
change then!

let your feet do the talking. There are plenty of good quality paintwork places around. I had my front end resprayed pretty cheap and it is done extremely well, good as new.