ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

?SORRY?

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2000, 09:48 AM
ianlove
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Just wondered if anyone else was sorry to see that the HARJY/SHAUN thread has been closed. Made me smile anyway and I for one want to see the showdown....
Please keep us posted
Old 23 April 2000, 03:55 PM
ChrisB

Thumbs down

I for one was a glad to see it closed.

I know that it wasn't just me who couldn't decide if it was all tongue-in-cheek, and also considered it to be a complete waste of time and bandwidth.

It was more what I'd expect to see on the RSOC board.

Chris.

[This message has been edited by ChrisB (edited 23-04-2000).]
Old 23 April 2000, 04:49 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Cool

ChrisB,

Everything on that thread was tongue in cheek

Quite a number of other users of ScoobyNet, had commented to me that it had been a refreshing change, to have some HARMLESS banter!!!!

Cannot see what your problem is (and that goes for Ian Cook as well)..... All banter was confined to the one thread. No body was making you read it!!!!

Not all of us are of the pipe, slippers & flat-cap brigade. Some of us do have personalitys.........

Old 23 April 2000, 04:49 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Angry

I am very very disapointed in seeing our thread being closed, I know that many of you enjoyed the comments on the thread! It was all tongue and cheek, in Mikes case anyway!!!

It seems that some people think it was a waste of time, but It's nice to have something different of this BBS other than some boring idiots who have nothing else to do than talk about their Scoobies.

I can get quite bored of seeing the same old threads appearing time after time:
What Induction?
What Insurance?
What the difference between!? etc etc
Stef Reader seemed to be the target for the thread until Mike Rainbird joined in to help Stef, this made it more challenging

A lot of Scooby owners are stuck up! but Shaun and I wanted to show to others out there not all of are!!! I had various emails from people saying keep up the good work, people enjoyed reading that thread as we enjoyed typing.

I think that some of the Admin people on here need to get a life, as they all seem to concentrate on the colour grey!

Chris, I think you should stick to the 22B Board. No-one tells you to read everything on this board, do they?

Harj......
Old 23 April 2000, 05:22 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Harj and Shaun,

I dont think the case is simply about whether we like the content or not, its a little deeper than that. You see, Ian Cook et all pay for the maintenance of this server and the more bandwidth it soaks up, then the higher the cost. There was a time when the board went down indefinately because it just couldnt cope with the excessive usage.

Because this is, essentially, a commercial service, the webmasters must make sure that there is no wasted bandwidth. That way, costs are kept to a minimum and we are all happy.

I should imagine that the 22B board allows that sort of content to go on because they have nowhere near the same amount of traffic as this board does. (Thats meant in the nicest possible way, by the way)

Cem

p.s. I have to say, I didnt know whether it was tongue in cheek or serious threats going on in that post.
Old 23 April 2000, 06:16 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Talking

Blow Dog,

I am more than willing to contribute towards the cost of maintenance of this board, we posted on this board as the coverage is far greater than any other Scooby Board.

Harj......
Old 23 April 2000, 06:53 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Shaun/
What is wrong with the pipe, slippers & flat-cap brigade? I personally cannot have a pipe because of the ticker, and slippers only make my feet stink. I would look daft in a flat cap so I have a bobble hat with “No Fear” written across the front. (Bobble removed).
Even though I consider myself part of the pipe, slippers & flat-cap brigade, I still enjoyed the banter you lads were having. I myself always try to inject a bit of humor into the BBS’s as I think if they are just for technical bods the BBS will be a poor place to go. I for one would not bother to go to the BBS’s if there was no fun in it.
Perhaps I might visit every time I get a problem and with a Subaru that could easily be one a year.
Regards
Bob Iles
Old 23 April 2000, 07:03 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Cem,
Take your point....but 1 thread!!!!!!??????

It's nice to see there are some REAL people out there!!!!

Scatman

P.S. People involved (Harj, Stef, Mike & Myself), new what the crack was!!!!!!
Old 23 April 2000, 07:43 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Hmm, so I am not real, dont have a life or sense of humour, am stuck up and enjoy the colour grey.

Exactly what did the thread have to do with Impreza's ? seemed to be the 4 of you threatening each other ? Not particuarly funny, didnt make me roll on the floor laughing, didnt even find it mildly amusing.
Old 24 April 2000, 11:28 AM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Some of the previous comments should have me re-open the thread ? 4 comments from people anxious to see it restarted is hardly a massive turnout is it?

FYI I dont care what you think of overpriced wheelbarrow UK cars, whats my website got to do with anything?

So I suppose now you will be starting a personal attack against me? I assume thats what was hinted at when you said open another thread with a different kick, dont you have anything better to do ???

Why would i ban you or complain to your ISP?

I will let Phil the Webmaster make his mind up about whether the thread is re-opened or not.
Old 24 April 2000, 11:50 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Harj

The comments in your two last messages look pretty troll-like. Please reflect on what & why you write something like this. In my experience your comments are just the sort of things that shut down sites for good.

It also looks as though you are used to being banned from web sites?
Old 24 April 2000, 12:37 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Red face

I think all my thought's have been answered!!!!

P.S. Had'nt you better close this thread as well?!

[This message has been edited by Shaun (edited 24-04-2000).]
Old 24 April 2000, 12:50 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Wink

Ian,

I think that you have summed it all up in your last comment, It was good to have people guessing! I would hope that some of the previous comments will convince you to re-open the thread or we shall have to start another with a different kick

I cannot even be bothered to look at any other areas except for General Questions unless I experience problems! I will take it all back if you re-open the thread and publicly apologise to us for the last comment you made on the thread

You can ban me and report me to my ISP, but there are so many ISP's and email acounts out there

I think that If we had a vote with all of BBS members who had read that thread, the majority would say keep it coming lad's.
I think you were more ticked off when we commented about the OVERPRICED WHEELBARROW UK SCOOBS! going by your website?

Harj.........................................
Old 24 April 2000, 12:52 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hmm this thread looks like a good one to continue the Roadshow!
Old 24 April 2000, 01:31 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Angry

Old 24 April 2000, 01:33 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Cool

Nick,

I have only ever realy used this BBS as I am a committed Scooby Driver for the moment! I have never been banned from any other board! I apologise if I have offended anyone, as I am the sort of guy who enjoys to have a laugh where ever he can, wether it's in the Pub or on this BBS.

It's all tongue and cheek, someone told me that If a member begins to argue or offend someone, they are banned and complained about to their ISP. Considering all of the work that Shaun and I are putting into promoted Scoobies with various sources of media, why would anyone want to complain?

Have a nice day

Harj........
Old 24 April 2000, 01:44 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Re-open the Roadshow Thread!!!!!

Ian, I never even suggested a personal attack on you! Shaun and I both know Stef, thats why we continued.

I do have better thing's to do with my time, by giving Stef a filling when ever I see him

Harj.....
Old 24 April 2000, 05:18 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

The only person we banned from here, was spewing racist/sexist crap of the BNP variety, it was very offensive at the time, and they were removed.
Old 24 April 2000, 05:25 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ian,

Nice one as I wouldn't expect anything less from this BBS!

Harj...
Old 24 April 2000, 05:41 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Ian shut the roadshow thread down to save BBS bandwidth, which is fair enough.
Now we have two more threads discussing the aforementioned "waste of bandwidth"... At least the original thread made me laugh, these new analysis threads are a complete waste of space.

Please stop this even less justifiable waste of resources, it is beginning to look hypocritical!

Moray