Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Assistance Required: Type-RA not being put to good use

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2003, 11:44 AM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a certain member of Scoobynet, who drives a Type-RA, and unbelievably has yet to seriously drive it!!

Sure, he pootles to work in it, and he once got to 6000RPM, but never has he actually grabbed it by the scruff of the neck, and thrashed it!!
We all tell him "go on, you can drive it hard, its what its built for", but he always says he's worried it will blow up.
So, would the car blow up if driven hard? it has no mods, and only 8000 miles on it, and has an easier life than a milk float!! so we want to see him drive it like it should be driven...any suggestions on how we tempt him to drive it like it should be driven? or should I nik it and give it a good thrashing?

[Edited by SideShowBob - 7/3/2003 11:47:26 AM]
Old 03 July 2003, 12:47 PM
cefski
Scooby Regular

Tell him the car is likely to die of boredom if he carries on like this. The chances of this happening are far, far greater than of the engine blowing up.
The car will have to be rescued if this persists. I have friends in Amnesty International who could help, after all, thr car's liberty and freedom of expression are being severely restricted.

kev
Old 03 July 2003, 12:53 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
HMMM Is that the one for sale?
Old 04 July 2003, 12:17 AM
pele
Scooby Regular

Cool

If it is the one for sale, I can confirm he has actually thrashed it once - racing me, and it was b****y fast! He let me win though, ladies first and all that
Old 04 July 2003, 10:50 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Talking

PMSL

It's true I do drive this like Miss Daisy most of the time, I like to let people enjoy the fact that they overtook or even "beat" an STi5 Type RA, give's them something to talk to the wife about in the evening

I did stretch the old girls legs this morning with a sweeping left hander and a swift overtaking move on the outside lane, sideways dift bit of adjustment on the ol' diff lock action