Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

This is the type of Scoobie owner you don`t want!

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2003, 11:59 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably just undercover Police with a new scheme to catch speeders.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:07 PM
imprezza99uk
Scooby Regular

lol, in theory yeh mate but these lot were still in nappies!
Old 09 July 2003, 12:34 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
perhaps it was nicked ????
Old 09 July 2003, 12:36 PM
BigJim
Scooby Regular

3 lads. Liverpool. 2Am. Wanting a race. Must be nicked
Old 09 July 2003, 01:10 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

"whats the point when i know my car is quicker than what your in so why do i need to test it!"

Seems like you were baiting them as well !!!
Old 09 July 2003, 02:10 PM
imprezza99uk
Scooby Regular

scooby Doo, i was driving along at 40 mph with a girl in the car just taking it easy on my way to drop her off at home! These planks stopped on a Dual Carrigeway in the outside lane with the passenger waving his arm about for me to stop! Whose baiting who you Muppet! I know Stephen Emery who comes on here and he has exactly the same car in Blue and as i didn`t see who was in it when it passed me and then when the car stopped i thought it may have been him and thats mainly the reason i stopped! When i sussed out they wern`t enthusiasts or probably not members from here thats why i said that and i was laughing at the time seeing the situation as more of a joke! Read the thread properly, i said im 34 and past the boy racer stage and read where it says im an enthusiast and i`m also an ex scooby owner so i like both cars. I don`t bait people you will find its the type oif car you drive that unfortunatley does that, they seen an Evo and thats the top and bottom of it that they wanted to race it. lol @ you though for not being capable of reading full thread just a couple of lines of it that you highlighted!
Old 09 July 2003, 02:13 PM
ARM-Scooby
Scooby Regular

yes you dont need these idiots around but you get people like this in many different cars not just scoobies, and what can any group do if people like that get scoobies or evos?? Anyone can buy any car they want as long as they have the cash!!
Old 09 July 2003, 02:24 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Didn't mean to offend you mate but you don't have to call me a muppet. As I said before you say you were laughing at them and telling them that your car is faster than theirs and you don't need to prove it............and you're 34. I suppose your Dad is bigger than mine as well
Old 09 July 2003, 02:40 PM
imprezza99uk
Scooby Regular

Maybe i should have said it was a muppet comment and not you being a muppet as i don`t know you or you know me! As for some reason you wanted to highlight that line i said as if you was trying to say i was doing the baiting! I would be saying the same if it was an Evo that was doing it, my thread was about the fact you don`t want clowns like driving scoobies and branding you with that sort of image as they will be out doing the same thing all the time. lol @ the my dads bigger than yours comment, he aint h`es only small! Some people would have reacted in a different way than what i did and took them on, i don`t buy cars to say mines faster than yours i buy one because i want one and enjoy it in my own way mostly just chilling out and occasionally opening it up on a quiet country road. I drive fuel tankers for a living so i can`t afford to drive around lile an idiot even if i wanted 2, and i deffo wouldn`t risk my licence for planks like them who will probably end up wrapped around a lamp post sooner or later!
Old 09 July 2003, 03:36 PM
imprezza99uk
Scooby Regular

Like you say its a joke now that such powerful cars can be bought for as little as £5,500. The only saving grace to keep these idiots off the roads is that the insurance companies will freeze most of them out so even if they could afford to buy one lets hope they can`t insure them! The one thing that suprised me is that this car was a bugeye WRX or Sti so your talking decent money for one of them and decent insurance and they were all young! Its just something you have to live with when you drive performance cars that you will always get the idiots attatched to your rear bumper looking for you to rise to them! It winds them up more ive learned when you act as though they are not even there and they don`t exist! Oh well its time to pick my car up from having the alloys re-furbed!
Old 09 July 2003, 03:52 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

I guess they don't bother insuring them...
Old 09 July 2003, 04:00 PM
IwantAscoob
Scooby Regular

imprezza99uk are you a total **** end or what ?, if you were that age in an impreza, would you be smoking a cigar then ?, asking for grape o par ?,

you should not even post about an incident so ****e, and im glad they said what they did etc, you seem like a right old stuck up gonk!.

gorden bennet man
Old 09 July 2003, 04:10 PM
Nick200
Scooby Regular

Sounds like you're trying to bait a few on here m8.

What was it - see my exhaust smoke, not very tactfull but I see your point.
Old 09 July 2003, 04:12 PM
Devil's Refugee
Scooby Regular

Wink

Rob,

You still posting on here mate ?
Get back to your Evo forum

How's the car these days ?
Old 09 July 2003, 04:36 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Rob?

Wouldn't even consider stopping at 2am especially in Liverpool

I agree with you entirely, unfortunately a computer is even cheaper than an old scoob. So there are more idiots behind a keyboard than behind the wheel.

IwantaScoob (do I need to say more)
Just back from watching F&F 2 for the third time? Hope for everyones safety you continue wanting.

Just like Imprezza99, my car is here to impress and please me. It's effect on anyone else is of no consequence, you may eventually gain the self confidence to adopt a similar attitude.
Old 09 July 2003, 04:43 PM
Leviathan
Scooby Regular

More to the point, what about this "girl" you were with
Much more interesting
Old 09 July 2003, 06:15 PM
The Gilly
Scooby Regular

nice to know that 'early twenties' scooby owners are trouble.

I'd better go back to fiesta's then..........
Old 09 July 2003, 06:21 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

bleh, im 25

does that mean im a coont lol

i dont care
i know my cars fast, ive proved it down the strip and on 0-60 runs, i would have let them go tho if my bird was in the car cos she gets very very car sick if u go even remotly fast lol.

if i was on my own, being honest, 2am, nice deserted roads, i would have had a blast
Old 09 July 2003, 06:29 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

With coonts who drive like that who'd wana race em anyway, for all u'd no, they'd slam on the brkes with u behind them cos they couldnt go any faster, next thing there's a nasty accident happening.

I woulda done the same, just played em down....

sounds like they must've been drunk also.
Old 09 July 2003, 06:45 PM
Tony Montana
Scooby Regular

you guys are unreal!

If he did race him you would off slated him for racing on public roads- this kind off stuff gives us a bad name etc etc..

He did the right thing IMO he chose not to, and you still give him a hard time.... maybe if was a Scoob v Scoob your comments would be a little different.
Old 09 July 2003, 06:59 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Iwantascoob:
Oh dear, i'm 21! I'd best go out right away and make up for all the time i havent been speeding in 30s since i've had my scoob. Whenever i see something powerful i'd best try to race it.

That must be where i've been going wrong!!!
Old 09 July 2003, 11:45 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

They've done their time, but like other things you love separation is a slow process.

Fact is removing them interferes with driving or drinking time.

Nice to run naked for awhile but she may not be bareing all for too long, this years Cat becons and a group buy is under consideration.

Old 09 July 2003, 11:57 PM
EBR
Scooby Regular

It must be late - I'm trying to work out why someone with an Evo has an Imprezza reggie name.

All I can smell in this whole topic is bullsheite.

1) Which person in their right mind would stop in Liverpool at 2pm in the afternoon, let alone 2am in the morning ?
2) This is just another my Evo's better than your Scoob by stealth
3) Re-arrange these words - pot black calling the kettle and then explain the difference between their actions and your reactions ?

It's Evo drivers like you that give us Scoobies a good name
Old 10 July 2003, 12:54 AM
imprezza99uk
Scooby Regular

I used to own an Imprezza before i got an Evo hence the name, its just ive never changed it as people on here relate to you by your user name and know who you are so i didn`t change it!

1) If you were capable of reading a thread properly you would see why i stopped, my mate on here has the same identical car and i thought it was him and his car or if not him someone else from scoobynet who may know me!

2) Point out in any of my threads where ive indicated that this is an Evo v Scoobie thread, you will find its the opposite if you put your reading glasses on!

3) That sentence is a really good effort, well done!

then explain the difference between their actions and your reactions ?

Simple, they stopped looking for a race and i didn`t rise to it. Is that a simple enough explanation for you? Have you read it wrong or something, you really need to clean your glasses especially before you go for a drive!

It's Evo drivers like you that give us Scoobies a good name.

Yeh your spot on with that, he would have probably not had the driving skills to keep the car on the road at the speeds he would have intended doing, so ive stopped someone probably killing themselves and his mates in the car with him!

Try Dolland and Aitcheson they do some great reading glasses i believe! Was i suppose to rise to any of the above, if so you wasted your time typing any of it. Try reading the bits where i say over and over again that i`m an ex Scoobie owner that now has an Evo and i like both cars. Reverse the scenario, what would you be saying now if someone had posted a thread that an Evo had stopped in the 2nd lane of a dual carrigeway trying to get a scoobie owner to race him and he had a girl in the car with him?
Old 10 July 2003, 01:01 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

EBR
With as much respect and restrain as I can muster.

If you had the time, memory span & capacity to ingest the details of this thread, you would be aware that he previously owned a Scoob!

Although I agree with you the reason for stopping was also explained, but perhaps a limited attention span failed to recall that too.

The kettle n pot comment is simply laughable, and one of many reasons why Scoobynet moves inexorably closer to being Scoobynaff.

Old 10 July 2003, 08:11 AM
EBRWRX
Scooby Regular

Forgive my limited attention span - I had been up since 4.45am.

I've clearly got a couple of factual bits wrong having read the thread, bitten and missed the point completely and and a full retraction is offered.

I'm a moderator on a completely different type of forum and I'm forever castigating people for posting without checking their comments first. I've just told myself to rearrange a certain sentence with pot and kettle in it !!!!

Except ..............

Was there any need for the Evo versus Scooby comment my car's faster than yours ? No

Wanna race to prove it ?
Old 10 July 2003, 08:43 AM
Devil's Refugee
Scooby Regular

Wink

Rob,

The only wheels I spin these days are the pram wheels mate !
I miss my old Scoob and she's passed thru 3 hands since I've had her apparently, so I bet she's leading a hard life now.
Still driving the old Golf GTI at the mo, looking to trade in soon for something bigger though, but not sure what....
Old 10 July 2003, 10:07 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Bloody hell and unqualified apology on Scoobynet!

I buy you a beer if you lived a little nearer
Old 10 July 2003, 10:12 AM
pthomlinson@hotmail.com
Scooby Regular

When I was at the motorshow last year, I was on the Mitsubishi stand looking at the Evo7. I overheard 2 lads talking, one was saying that a lad he knows was getting an Evo 7 for his 18th birthday, after he'd written off an STI a few weeks earlier.

He also mentioned that he'd had the STI from new, and that it only lived for 2 weeks...

makes you sick.
Old 10 July 2003, 12:08 PM
imprezza99uk
Scooby Regular

Cool

EBRWRX, appologie accepted and no hard feelings from my side. When you have the type of driver i mentioned above that wants to race people and drive his car like a Tommi Makinen or Petter Solberg wannabe on the main roads then its us genuine enthusiats cop for their actions. The boys in blue then pay more attention to you as you become branded with the same tag as them, we get higher insurance because this type of driver usually ends up writing his car off at some point or hitting other cars on the road because of lack of driving ability at the speeds they intend doing! I`m no goody 2 shoes as we have probably done the same at a similar age but the thing is these days is that the cars are becoming more powerful and in the wrong hands well you know the rest! We all like cars at the end of the day whether it be a scoobie or an Evo, ive no doubts that those idiots would do the same in a built up area if they seen another performance car and all it takes is a kid to run out and i doubt they would have the skills to stop at the speeds they would intend doing! I aint trying 2 be boring in anyway and say you can only drive around at 30 or 40 mph, its a case of where and how you decide to enjoy your. The thing as well is that because of the types of cars we drive then we will always be a target for these wannabe hero`s. I say just don`t rise to em which i know you have to grit your teeth to do that, but at the end of the day are they worth losing your licence for and then losing your car because you can`t drive it! Right i`m off out to see who i can race! lol, that was a joke!

Quick Reply: This is the type of Scoobie owner you don`t want!