ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Legacy B4 stolen

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2003, 11:52 PM
riaz_b4
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

My dream car got stolen today (alarm, imobaliser & tracker fitted) at Showcase cinema, Leeds (off the M62). It's a silver Legacy RSK B4, Reg. T947LYB. It has Prosport sticker on the rear window & TSL motorsport sticker on the fuel filler flap.

If anyone spots it please ring the police on 01924 431059, much appreciated.

I've only had the car for 10 months, I'm sooo angry.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Riaz.
Old 31 August 2003, 04:24 PM
AJbaseBloke
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Riaz,

Very sorry to hear of your misfortune...

Dunno if it'll help, but I think there are some guys on the legacyb4 list in the area. Perhaps post on there, too?

Hope it comes back in perfect condition.
Old 01 September 2003, 12:13 AM
S@m
Scooby Regular

Riaz,

Sorry to hear about the car.

Legacy B4 Group

Mark.
Old 01 September 2003, 09:27 AM
LIDDO
Scooby Regular

This maybe a daft question, BUT! You say you have tracker, why cant the Police find it????? Ive got tracker on my Scoob, is it not worth it?????
Old 02 September 2003, 12:59 PM
riaz_b4
Scooby Newbie

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, found the car and caught the thieves, it was involved in a robbery. Three cars were used, Honda Accord, used for ramming and two Subaru's as get away cars. Apparently my car was used as a decoy whilst the Impreza got away. For some reason Tracker did not work, don't know if they disabled, having it checked out.

The car is back but the engine is blown. The Impreza was same colour as my car (silver) to confuse the police.

Angry and upset, thieves are probably already out on bail looking for more cars.

Riaz.
Old 02 September 2003, 02:19 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

This maybe a daft question, BUT! You say you have tracker, why cant the Police find it????? Ive got tracker on my Scoob, is it not worth it?????
They are getting wiser. Insurancve companies insist on them so thieves know you've got one. Ian's was found 20 minutes later in a field.

Fit a decoy or two if you can afford it. At the end of the day they can be pretty sure you've got one though so they will look for it. Insurance companies have made sure of that.

Sorry to hear about the engine. They must have ragged hell out of it to manage to blow it in one chase. Sounds like a serious robbery to have a decoy car. Bank?
Old 02 September 2003, 02:40 PM
AJbaseBloke
Scooby Regular

Riaz - er, can I say good to hear they found it?

As already said, they must have been pretty rough to break it in one get away...

Hope it all gets sorted out.

PS. Hello insurance companies, tracker, alarm companies et al, it is time for the next generation of your technology!! Helloooo...

Trending Topics

Old 02 September 2003, 02:46 PM
riaz_b4
Scooby Newbie

Police won't tell me what they robbed, but they did say it was well planned and they had fun catching it.

You may have read other posts on here about tracker not working, even the tracker system that automatically alerts the Police/Tracker that the car has been stolen. Once they find the tracker it easy to disable it, as say you say fitting a decoy may be the best option.

Riaz
Old 02 September 2003, 03:00 PM
riaz_b4
Scooby Newbie

Yep I'm happy they found the car, I'll be even more happy if the thieves get done for it. Chances are they will be out before the car is back on the road.

I wasn't going to tell you this but I will anyway, bad advertisement. They managed to get away after the robbery (Saturday night). Police spotted them driving the car on Sunday night and gave chase. That's why the police had fun catching them.

Police spent about 6 hours checking the car before I got it back.
Old 02 September 2003, 04:02 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Reminder to self....

'Dont park at Showcase M62 in Scoob (take the punto)'

Sorry to hear another stolen by the professional antisocials and low inteligence population.

simon
Old 02 September 2003, 04:43 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

My boss had his BMW stolen Sunday morning by way of throwing a wheelie bin through his living room window and getting the keys. All whilst they were asleep upstairs. They are getting bolder.

The police told him the latest trend with tracker likely cars is to steal it and leave it a few miles away a little off the beaten path. This means they are not in the car long and at a lower risk of being caught should it have a tracker. They then monitor the car for 24 hours. If it is not picked up within that time they go back and steal it properly with the assumption that a tracker would have activated it that time. Means they don't waste valuable time tearing the car apart trying to find something that may or may not be there.