Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Scooby holiday in Scotland

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2003, 08:33 PM
monstermunch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In October I'm thinking of taking me signifcant other and me scooby to Scotland for a week or so.
I'd like to travel around and try out the high roads and visit some breath taking views.

Could someome please recomend some good places to stay (safe scooby parking) and attractions to visit.

TIA

MM
Old 31 August 2003, 08:56 PM
Zeolite
Scooby Regular

Go to the Scotland section and find my "End of a perfect day" thread. That is a picture of me in Skye with the Cuillin mountains in the background. Fabulous place and fantastic people.Weather might be a bit wet but there are no guarantees in Oct. Go to Skye and enjoy the roads getting theer as they are a mixture of everything except motorway.
Old 31 August 2003, 11:43 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

We stayed near the Kyle of Lochalsh for a couple of weeks during the Summer. Mixed weather, but wonderful roads (and people!). No Police and no cameras. Huge fun.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of S/C, B&Bs, Hotel beds etc available in October. We looked online.

Cheers
Old 31 August 2003, 11:44 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

No Optimax though!
Old 01 September 2003, 11:49 AM
Zeolite
Scooby Regular

Post again in the Scotland section and I am sure you will get lots of suggestions.
Old 01 September 2003, 02:00 PM
jmk
Scooby Regular

Probably don't need to book as there's loads of B&B's.

Head for Lock Lomond and pop in to the Drovers Inn - it's quite an experience. If you want to stay there, make sure you don't stay in the old building as it's fu?ked but full of character but they have a new accommodation block next door.

Once north of there you'll leave all the tourists behind and have a blast. There's few police but make sure you don’t speed through the small villages as many don't have pavements and you may come across kids / cyclists in the road.

Oh yeah, the roads are great but be aware of going round a corner at a fair old speed and seeing several sheep in the road.

Best advice is to ignore the east coast and stick to the west. Ullapool's good and the roads near there are the best in the country. If you get to Skye, go to the Coolin Hills, hire a [hiking] guide and enjoy the views.

Did 1700 miles up there in April this year and can't wait to go back.