Warning- Impreza parts stolen in Evesham

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2000, 05:02 PM
Did
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

All,
Just to let you know that all of you who live around the Evesham area should watch out. I was staying at the BBC Wood Norton centre near Evesham last week when on Wednesday morning my Impreza was broken into.

They took my wheels, spoiler (STI4/MY99) and a subtantial amount of ICE. It was definitely a professional job, especially as they managed to get my Catagory 1 alarm to shut up pretty quickly.

I would appreciate it if anyone in that area is offered any of the following:
1) Gold OZ Super T's with SO2's
2) DBM STI 4 Spoiler
3) Japanese spec Kenwood ICE

that they could drop me a note.......

The worst thing about all this is that it will almost definitely cause an abrupt end to Impreza ownership for me. With the resulting claim on my insurance I am very unlikely to be able to afford to reinsure it when it falls due in August (I already pay £1200).

I reckon I'll probably keep my SIDC membership though, so I can stick the tax disc holder in the Fiesta or similar I will be driving for the next couple of years!

Regards
Did
Old 14 May 2000, 05:28 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Sorry to hear of your dad luck. Have you considered not claiming... it may cost to replace the bits... but you might save in the long term (NCB+XS)...
Old 14 May 2000, 05:45 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Heart goes out to you, poor bloke !

I'm with Moray, I wouldn't claim for those bits.

Not that it helps you get the bits back, but may pay in the long run.
Old 14 May 2000, 05:51 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Angry

Major bummer. I would agree that it may not be worthwhile claiming. It's a bitch but doing without top spec ICE, wheels etc has to be better than fiesta hood. You would also lose money when you trade it in so things would certainly swing in favour of not clamining.
Old 14 May 2000, 06:08 PM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

That's terrible news Did

Did you have locking wheel nuts?
Old 14 May 2000, 06:16 PM
TR3
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

Did,

Sorry to hear about that, but don't worry too much regarding the insurance, I had a claim for theft - £13500 about 18 months ago and my insurance for my latest car went up by about £150! Then again you could always not claim and check out the private sales section there's usually someone trying to get rid of a set of wheels for the price of a beer!

DazW.
Old 14 May 2000, 08:51 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

I may be contradicting my earlier posting here..

Check your policy, and see whether you have your NCB protected. With my insurer (Privilege) I can make 2 claims in 3 years without losing my NCB.

I've had 2 smashes this year (totalling over £18,000 between them) and still retained my NCB (phew !) Having said that, my insurance did go up from £900 -> £1200 at renewal because of the claims, but that's still with full NCB.

So, check your policy, you may be able to claim and keep your NCB and only pay your XS
Old 15 May 2000, 10:10 AM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Angry

sorry to hear that m8

what alarm system did you have ?

and i agree with David, check your policy as mine is also protected and allows me 2 claims in 3 years.

steve
Old 15 May 2000, 07:44 PM
Did
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the condolences (is that spelt right?)

Unfortunately I don't have protected NCB. I have spoken to the insurers and they have said it will be reduced to 1yr for me now (previously 3 yrs)

I've done some sums and I just cannot afford not to claim. They did some lock damage and also damaged the trim when they got the stereo out. This in addition to some wheels (even standard stuff) and a new alarm is going to cost me a packet.

I guess I'll have to see what happens.

FYI the alarm was a META M99,M36T2 with Full Closure. It did it's job as it apparently went off twice. But if nobody reacts (I wasn't in hearing distance) it can go off as many times as it likes I guess.

Thanks
Did
Old 15 May 2000, 09:32 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Sorry to hear about your probs - if you can wait till Sept (unlikely) you're welcome to my wheels when my new car arrives (having speedlines put on it) - no tyres tho' I'm afraid
On the same subject I hear that wheels are becoming a more popular target for ratboy the thief; are there any decent locking wheel nuts that can thwart these sods or do I need to cable lock the wheels to the suspension or something?