ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

MY03 WRX acting Strange

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2003, 07:00 PM
hendrixtwin
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Had the windscreen replaced on my car today which was done by Autoglass.
I then drove it to get a sandwich when I restarted the car the dials started to switch from on to off. I travelled done the road a bit when the car just cut out. Car would not fire up. Called out subaru assist who checked the battery and then the alternator. The alternator has not been charging the car but did when the side lights were on. He told me to drive the car with the side lights on for the time being. Drove back to work and the dials were still switching on and off. Anyway when I left work and again car would not start. Eventually got it started and drove about 4 mile with dials still doing the same and then it cut out again. Restarted first time and drove the rest of the way home and dials were working fine. Im taking it in to the garage tommorow for a check up. Just wondered if anyone else had the same sort of trouble. Also my outside temp gauge now appears to be fixed at 17? Not related to the windscreen I wouldn't have thought but Im no mechanic.
Old 09 October 2003, 07:42 PM
grass-hopper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
must be ghosties mate. best of luck with the garage leave a post and tell us what they say sounds well strange and i have just bought one, help!