Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Turbo bonnet on N/A scooby...

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2003, 03:48 PM
chenko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I currently own an MY96 Subaru Sport (To young to insure a turbo so meh).
I would like to swap the bonnet with a turbo bonnet, at the momment I think there are 2 bonnets about, the old version and the newer facelifted version... will both of these fit my car? and would a turbo bonnet from an MY97 fit? looking quickly at a MY97 Turbo 2000 they seem the same but I dont really want to assume.

cheers

[Edited by chenko - 12/3/2003 3:49:26 PM]
Old 03 December 2003, 04:09 PM
===WRX===
Scooby Regular

your right on the "face lift" model change there matey...

if the car has the rounder head lamps only the older turbo bonnet wiil fit unless you change the headlamps and the grill, then you can fit the 97 spec bonnet ( grilled side vents and a more agressive squarer bonnet vent, also you will need to change the bonnet catch to the later spec too.....speak to GradeA Subaru...top guys, very helpfull, he stayed open for me on a saturday,then stopped for 2hours and helped me fit the bonnet, bumper, and headlights..( i had a full facelift )

Old 03 December 2003, 04:25 PM
chenko
Scooby Regular

Well a good thing is I was looking at changing the grille too, but not really the headlamps, but I guess it wont cost much for some standard units.

Is there a "facelifted" Sport version? if not, i would guess my headlamps/bonnet/etc be equal to that of the older bonnet unit? :/

I already emailed GradeA a while back about a bonnet but they had nothing avalible, Ive just emailed them again now to see what they have. Acctually, they did have a bonnet last time I checked, but they wouldnt courier the unit :/

Simon