ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

STI 8 Coldstart

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2003, 07:27 PM
tjg 62
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Had my STI 8 for three months...never had a problem with cold starts...love the original springs...not bothered about PPP,the supposed power increase does not justify two grand.Anyone that pays four hundred quid for a set of plastic mudflaps has far too much money
Old 03 December 2003, 07:45 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Question

What is this so called "bounce" all about? I was considering an STI next year (chopping in my MY02 WRX PPP) but I am worried about this and the cold starting. I would hate to change what I have as mine is absolutely reliable and has a good ride/handling compromise. Would I live to regret the change??
Old 03 December 2003, 09:07 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

I'll resist. All I can say is that you're lucky...

Yorkie, check this out, but its not all bad, I love mine even though I have some probs with it.

~Jules
Old 04 December 2003, 07:25 PM
Ady 1
Scooby Regular

Tig62, I am the same as you, no probs yet although reading the threads that do have problems I sometimes wonder when mine will come. By the way I thought I was the only one in the universe to have a standard STi8 with no Prodr.....er sorry 'ppp' on it or lowered/widened/stiffened etc etc and I love mine to bits as it is. Odds are some one will put a post saying I'm a sad B&stard, but hey, its just words. Have fun M8.

Ady

[Edited by Ady 1 - 12/4/2003 7:27:23 PM]