ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Wow! They are really that good!

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2003, 08:01 PM
c5_wagon
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Bought a 97 UK 5dr (Dog!) Mica Blue and I bloody well love it. I have read many posts over the last couple of years on this site and now I can see what you lot are on about. I have bought this car as a second and or for the wife to use for work, but after today’s blat to work she can have the Merc, that’s 5 times the value and 5 times less fun!

Right some questions, I reckon I got a great deal for this car I bought it Privately Full Sub Serv Hist, only 43k and is mint, just got Cam belt and oil service 2 weeks ago by main agent, new 2000 spec alloys and paid the guy, lets just say it starts with a "6". The stuff I was looking at of this standard was 8-9+k. What do ya think?

I had a TT a couple of years ago, 280 bhp pretty well sorted used the TT Forum (whom used to slate this site) but this STD UK car feel instantly better!

What exhaust(back Box) gives the best Burble/£ nothing too Max Power something just a little better.

Peter
Old 03 December 2003, 08:30 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Smile

Welcome to the world of scoobs and empty pockets...

As or exhausts it used to be either Prodrive WR Sport via dealers - burbles but not too drastic and warranty keeping option if you still had / wanted it, and Scoobysport which was the only alternative - "louder" and freeer flowing.

Now it seems every man and his dog are having exhaust systems made up (see some of the banner ads from people like TSL, Scoobysport, Scoobymania, Scoobyworld, Performance-exhausts etc.) to cater for all tastes (or lack of taste )

Things like Afterburners, Blitz NUR-spec and other can be fecking loud and it depends upon what you want / can bear and how you value your neighbours . Link these to a partial / full decat and you can have a quicker spooling turbo with wailing banshee effects thrown in...

Plus, once you've started on the mods, there's always that bit extra / further...

Probably the best idea is to get along to a meet and have a listen to the various combinations and judge for yourself (both in and out of the car) - have a look in the regional sections for info.

Apple
Old 03 December 2003, 08:35 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Or

Go for magnex rear box,Excellent value, wicked exhaust note ,good quality, sorted !
Old 03 December 2003, 08:54 PM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

Magnex is a pretty comfy level for noise in a wagon.

I had one at first, and it sounded great.
Now on a firestorm, with de-cat, and it's a tad too loud for a wagon.

Magnex looks great too.
Old 03 December 2003, 10:26 PM
currymonster
Scooby Regular

read the posts, the scoobysport exhaust is excellent and sounds awesome without beint too loud inside, you wont be dissapointed, cal
Old 03 December 2003, 11:23 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

Got a Scorpion mid section and back box. Sounds great windows down. Not intrusive for long journeys though.

PS. Get to the doctors right away for immunisation. The 'Modding' bug is a virulent strain picked up from Scoobynet.

Enjoy, and welcome.

Blobster
Old 03 December 2003, 11:36 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Based upon my experience of exhaust mods on my wagon, if you want to keep it quiet inside, and also not too loud outside, but adds a nice note, either get the PPP fitted by the dealer (or WRE sport backbox as it's the same but oval tail pipe, or better still the current generation Scoobysport (Janspeed) back box.

I've tried, H&S scoobysport backbox, older TSL backbox, and Magnex backbox, and all of these boomed inside the car at 3000RPM (motorway cruising speed) so were rather difficult to live with.

I now have Decat downpipe, P1 centre section, and PPP backbox, and the car is near silent when on small throttle openings or motorway cruise, but gets quiet vocal when on WOT, which for me was exactly what I wanted.

Trending Topics

Old 03 December 2003, 11:37 PM
SCD Simon
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink

c5_wagon
Welcome to scoob ownership
Check this out TTS
Come and see us 1st Tuesday every month (details on site)
We had a great xmas meet last nite but hope to see you in the new year
Simon