Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Wheres the fuel relay & fuse, pump not working !!

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2003, 08:08 PM
steve hopkins
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Wise ones,
Just had the RAC out as the car just conked out, he's pulled the fuel feed pipe -and no fuel, when I turn on the ignition I cant hear the fuel pump running so assume either fuse blown, relay shot or pump siezed.
Got towed to the house and told that a truck will be round in the morning.
So if you can tell me where the relay or fuse is I could at least check that before I take it to and have to pay main dealer prices (
Car is a M reg '94 5 door.
Hope you can help.

Steve H
Old 03 December 2003, 08:42 PM
redwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya Mate

ive got an MY93 wrx ...and the fuel pump relay, is a bit of swine to get at, but roughly where the dash is, and to the right...its right up there mate... i think there are 3 fuses together.

However, i suffered a similar fate as yours..working one minute, stopped next ...no fuel etc ..... it wasnt the fuel pump, it was the power feed to it ....... if you sit in the back passenger behind driver seat..put your right hand to the floor ...somwhere around there is a cable junction you will need to take the back seat out...mine had burnt out there mate ...took an auto spark to find it. i was getting full 13.8v at the fuel pump, but no current..there was the minutest of connection..

if you feeling brave you can always wire the fuel pump straight across your battery and then start your car...that 'll prove if the pump is ok ...... you will need to take the full back seat out to do either of the checks

Hope this has been of some help.

Frank