Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Anoying rattle/creak near rear window??

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2003, 11:36 AM
barneyrubble
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a three month old MY03 WRX. It was leaking water into the boot/under the back seat. The dealer added some sealer to some joints and said if it doesn't cure it we'll have to re bond the rear window. It cured the leak but I get what I thought was a rattle and having travelled in the back when the missis is driving it sounds like it is something creaking a bit as the car flexes over rougher road surfaces. It's really hard to pin point and I've had the rear seat base and back out - messed around with the parcel shelf etc and just can't get to the bottom of it - it's doing my head in.

Any ideas folks??
Old 31 December 2003, 01:16 PM
deano555
Scooby Regular

Cool

Turn the radio up, whoops sorry if its like mine the speakers are crap anyway. Seriously, my wife keeps going on about the same rattle when she drives the car, which happens to be alot more than me, ask your dealer to sort it, when I first picked mine up new in July it had very loud rattles from the A posts which they sorted.

Deano my03
Old 31 December 2003, 05:22 PM
simakinen
Scooby Regular

Smile

Barney,
I have had a similar problem with a Type r bonded rear window.If its the same problem,then the window does creak over bumps.This took me ages to work out.First of all,see if you notice that the problem is better after you have washed the car,ie- you have lubed the window seals.If this is the case,all you have to do is go to Halfords and get a tin of rubber lubricant.This comes with a straw.Force the straw under the rubber lips of the seal and spray for Great Britain.Hopefully this will cure the squeaks and rattles,as it did for me.Good luck.Regards, SIMON.
Old 01 January 2004, 11:41 AM
barneyrubble
Scooby Regular

cheers guys - I'll try the lubricant and ask the dealer to look at it if that doesn't cure the problem

barney