ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

I want a Scooby.

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2004, 01:13 AM
madfiddler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just out of interest...

How many members who frequent this forum don't own a Scooby at the moment, but are looking/hoping/wishing for one?

I've been registered for 3 years now, and have had "the dream" since '97. The wife is finally getting rather pi$$ed off with me talking about it, and hopefully if a new job offer comed through in the new year, the dream will be realised.

As for model type. My fav is still the classic, RB5 being the fav or favs, but the bug with morettes and a replacement r. spoiler still looks good imho.

Having said that, the cost of an exterior modded Bug, isn't too far below a brand new Euro MY03/04 so maybe that's the way to go. Who knows. Anyway, just wondered hom many other Scooby Virgins there are here

Happy New Year to everyone on this cool forum!
Old 02 January 2004, 01:42 AM
jason4656
Scooby Regular

was like that for best part of 5 years, livin the dream as from last year.... cant say i regreted it
Old 02 January 2004, 11:09 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
Yep, i'm still dreaming and the misses and our families are sick of me talking about them. Saying that they all like Scoobies especially the misses so thats one hurdle I wont come up against

However, buying a 3-bed detached house with garage has kind of put the Scoob on hold. However, I keep saying to myself that I've done the right thing and will also have somewhere to put the car at night when I eventually buy one.

I love it when I'm at work and the younger lads with their new LCR, VTR, GTI and there huge credit card and car loan debts etc say "still got that Clio valver? When are you going to get that Subaru you keep going on about?" and I just reply "Soon, oh and by the way, are you still living at home with mummy and daddy". Heh heh, that soon shuts them up.

However, it's still gutting when, me at 29 (soon to be 30, Doh!) and I'm still driving a hot hatch. I hate the stereotype of it but it's still a giggle to drive and polishes up nice. and its standard before anyone asks and the only car mag I read is Evo

Happy New Year to all by the way
Old 02 January 2004, 11:18 AM
P1-day
Scooby Regular

was saying the same thing for 5 years and had all that 'so when r u gonna buy the subaru then' teasing/jealousy. Had her for 1 year now and still gives me

the good thing that came out of waiting soooo long, was that by the time i could buy my scoob, i was able to get my dream scoob, a P1

i've lost count of the number of test drives i had over the five years too
Old 02 January 2004, 11:01 PM
madfiddler
Scooby Regular

So, the test drives? Were they at dealers? The only Scooby I've been driven around in was a MY01 WRC at Mira. Of course, not a road car, but I've been hooked on them for 7 years, prolly down to their success in the WRC.
Old 02 January 2004, 11:40 PM
Madjay
Scooby Regular

i got hooked on them about a year and a half ago after getting a lift in one, i love em, apart from the 03 WRX
Old 03 January 2004, 12:00 AM
madfiddler
Scooby Regular

What don't you like about the 03 WRX? Visually better than a unmodified bug ?? !! ??

Trending Topics

Old 03 January 2004, 12:35 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I've been wanting one for about 5 years now,ever since driving one at Rallydrive, and should be getting one in the spring. A nice black MY03 WRX PPP, please. I get to keep the Corrado too, as the G/F is adopting her.
Old 03 January 2004, 12:42 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i couldnt afford to move out and buy a house at the time so i bought a scooby instead, lmao

currently awaiting sum kind of mystical house price crash so i can make my move now that the finances are in much better shape