Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Locations of fixed radars in France (for those who need it)

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2004, 10:15 AM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone planning on travelling to France should be aware of the new radars being installed. A list of those already in place can be found here: http://www.radarsfixes.com/ and updates will be made as new radars are spotted. GPS co-ordinates are also available for those able to use them. Also useful is the link to map of France (follow the link "Carte De France" at the top of the page) which will allow you to quickly find the installed radars in each departement and may assist you in route planning
Old 03 January 2004, 10:27 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
How do they enforce the speeding penalties?

For example if I have a UK reg car unless they stop me there and then it would be impossible for them to fine me wouldn't it?

Link is now bookmarked.

edited to add: the site doesn't seem to include the fixed radar in the Somport tunnel- I know it's there I was let off by a friendly cop as a "cadeaux".

[Edited by NACRO - 1/3/2004 10:29:57 AM]
Old 03 January 2004, 10:42 AM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Good question! I don't know the answer and don't fancy asking a gendarme I believe the Swiss have some cross-border co-operation thing with the French so if I was flashed in Switzerland they could track me back to France and issue the fine. Dunno if the same exists between other European countries. Anyone from the police wish to enlighten us?

About the missing radar, AFAIK the site has only been launched a day or two ago so I expect that one and others will appear in the list in due course.
Old 03 January 2004, 11:40 AM
UKType
Scooby Regular

I know when I was done in Holland they traced my home address and sent the notice through. Had to pay in Euros as well and no credit cards accepted so lots of bank charges. Good part was no points on the licence. Not sure what would happen if you didnt pay but I know the fine went up quite steeply every month it was overdue.
Old 03 January 2004, 02:38 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
I was caught on radar in Belgium (allegedly)doing in excess of the maximum speed of an Alfa 156 twin spark which seemed to take a dislike to being overtaken. I received a notice informing me of the fine payable (how they traced me I'll never know)- I returned it along with a letter explaining that I didn't care to pay their fine and that I'd be happy for them to take me to court in England over the alleged offence as I denied all their allegations totally. This was over 3 yrs ago and I've never heard another word about it.
As far as I know there is no way they can endorse your licence-the worse they can do after the event is fine you, getting caught in the act is another matter. No points for me ever it seems - whenever I'm in the UK I view it as a refreshing change/challenge to drive everywhere at the posted limit or below it. 60mph on the motorway is funny.