Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Come on then which one?

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2004, 07:49 PM
Craig_41
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im currently the proud owner of a Focus RS which I love. I quite fancy a Impreza STI next.
Which is the car to have?
A UK spec with Ecutek tune one or Japanese spec import? I know the Japanese one is a much higher spec but unless its being Tracked I doubt most of it would be realised, but what holds resale better?
Think this has got to be the way forward next. Just in a bit of a Dilema with it.
Is going to have to be a very proper car to better the RS.
Cheers.
Old 04 February 2004, 07:18 PM
Craig_41
Scooby Newbie

Nobody can give me any advice then?
Cheers (Perhaps the RS can't be bettered)
Old 04 February 2004, 07:30 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Craig_41
Nobody can give me any advice then?
Cheers (Perhaps the RS can't be bettered)
Bear with us Craig a lot of the regulars aren't posting much at the mo while the new forum is getting settled in!
Old 04 February 2004, 08:29 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

go try a sti8 or type c or go the whole hog and order a wr1....sure you'll love em all.
Old 04 February 2004, 08:42 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

whats your budget?

id say wr1.. depending on budget of course
Old 04 February 2004, 09:05 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

I think most scooby's would better the Focus RS, but like they said above the WR1 is the best bet if it keep's with your budget.
Old 04 February 2004, 09:30 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Craig_41
I know the Japanese one is a much higher spec but unless its being Tracked I doubt most of it would be realised.
I have driven plenty of UK STi's of my friends and dealerships. I now own a Jap Spec STi. The difference is quite apparent even on public roads. The JDM car is just manic in comparison. Except you lose your fillings every time you take it out

Nathan..
Old 05 February 2004, 06:14 PM
Craig_41
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the replys.
Budget would run to about 25k along those lines. I'm not a great one for losing money though so by the look of what sub 5000mile STI8 can be bought for I'm not mega keen on going the new route, eventhough with a push on budget I could do it.
Saw the WR1 at Autosprt show, (at least I think thats what I saw), am I right in saying thats pretty much the same spec at a new STI jap import? So would I be right in saying that the next new model STI will have the variable diff, H.I.D lights, different 320bhp motor etc.
That spec is what I really want, just bit nervous on going the import route due to resale etc.
The guys car in the gallery section (blue STI8, Speedline wheels just had mudflaps fitted) sold me on the look of it.
Like I said just not sure what route to down.
Old 05 February 2004, 06:22 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

i have had my new sti9 (to be correctly stated) on order for 4wks now & have still got 24 days yet 2 go, i am a RS owner at the mo an i just didnt like it, got 2 used it & got bored, the sti9 will be getting the treatment after its 1k svs (ie spring, PPP & wheels) oh an flaps.
For me a UK spec Sti with PPP would be the best bet
Check out the for sale section as i am sure someone was selling a 52 plate one just lately for 23k (i think)

Cheers

Sti-04!!
Old 05 February 2004, 07:44 PM
Craig_41
Scooby Newbie

Thats really interesting, I love the RS. Always grew up with posters of RS's and Cosworths on bedroom wall etc, so to own one of these is a bit special to me (don't take it out in wet, use it for etc. Sad I know). I reckon A uk one would be fine, just been looking on Autotrader 53 plate, 1000 miles UK STI for a flat 20k, bargain I reckon then some spare wedge to get it 'sorted' I reckon.