Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Why are we being charged to sell items ?

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2004, 11:00 PM
Andy Burrell
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Why are we being charged to sell items ?

Seems a bit of a shame that we are now being charged to post in the for sale or wanted. Seems a bit mean IMHO.
Old 04 February 2004, 11:05 PM
sc00by-d00by
Scooby Regular

Not mean - it's the generic IT services business model. They offer a service for free until you are dependant on them and then once their grip around your ***** is firm enough they begin charging

I have a horrible feeling M$ is going to start charging for MSN Messenger like they have done with Hotmail soon... ("You have sent your weekly quota of 10 instant messages - to send more please upgrade to MSN Messenger Pro")
Old 04 February 2004, 11:09 PM
Andy Burrell
Scooby Regular

Very true, good job I have sold the car then. I will just have to give the rest of the bits away or use Scoobycity until Danny starts to charge too..
Old 04 February 2004, 11:59 PM
ed_the_duck
Scooby Regular

I suppose you can only do so much for free.......eventually everyone hears about it and jumps on board creating 20 times the work-load. would imagine its a full time job running sn and I expect it takes up more than just spare time, which was probabley all that was expected to have to give up for the cause(sn) in the first place. SN has proved to be a succsess and need funds to continue.... has to come from somewhere.
Happily paid my 25 bux for a year, a great service, (and when i get used to it) now an even better one

Ed
Old 05 February 2004, 12:14 AM
sc00by-d00by
Scooby Regular

Don't get me wrong. Scoobynet is probably the best BBS / Community I have ever joined. It's certainly the first one I've even considered paying for. I also love the new vBulletin forums (SNv3) and think the devs did a great transition job. However I've only been actively browsing for around 2 weeks so I'm biding my time and being scinical where it comes to reaching for my wallet.
Old 05 February 2004, 12:31 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

you can only send 10 messages a day from hotmail?
Old 05 February 2004, 12:34 AM
sc00by-d00by
Scooby Regular

No - just an exaggerated example
Old 05 February 2004, 12:53 AM
ed_the_duck
Scooby Regular

you only have to pay for using for sale forum, expect it will rid it of alot of dodgy sellers too. the rest is still for free. apart from the new lounge and supmup rooms, you dont have to put up with idiots posting thier unwanted counsel in them, a clever addition to sn imo

Ed
Old 05 February 2004, 01:06 AM
Mr.Manchester
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ed_the_duck
you only have to pay for using for sale forum, expect it will rid it of alot of dodgy sellers too. the rest is still for free. apart from the new lounge and supmup rooms, you dont have to put up with idiots posting thier unwanted counsel in them, a clever addition to sn imo

Ed
its not clever atall, all its doing is giving scoobynet members less to choose from, we seem to have gained PM's and lost 1.4 of scoobynet!

PLUS, People cant advertise items and sell them on at a decent price to help people in the community, IMO i think we all suffer.
Old 05 February 2004, 01:22 AM
rb5037
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mr.Manchester
its not clever atall, all its doing is giving scoobynet members less to choose from, we seem to have gained PM's and lost 1.4 of scoobynet!

PLUS, People cant advertise items and sell them on at a decent price to help people in the community, IMO i think we all suffer.
Why pay the subscription?

Pay one of the subscriptions if you want to use the "for sale section" to make yourself some money, using someone elses site, that also have overheads to pay.

Or pay for the full membership if you enjoy using the site and wish to make a small donation to say thanks.

No such thing as a free lunch.

If you had an internet site that needed nearly 24hr service due to over 30,000 members would you run it for love and also work a full time job to earn a living or would you try and get some money back from the site and use that as a form of income?
Old 05 February 2004, 10:25 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Please leave all views regarding ScoobyNet3 on this post please http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/showthread.php?t=298413