ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Sell Scoob and get Supra????

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2004, 06:21 PM
Syxx - Pac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sell Scoob and get Supra????

Hi all, i have a MY97 UK Saloon. Im currently considering selling it and replacing it with a toyota supra twin turbo.

Do you think i should or not??? no biased opinions!

CHEERS
Old 10 February 2004, 06:29 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

i made a post about supras recently in the "other marques" section.. worth a read as several people made some great contributions and advice.
Old 10 February 2004, 08:13 PM
DreXeL
Scooby Regular

I've got a mate with a 400bhp Supra twin turbo. Nice car, lovely **** out fun but virtually unusable power in the wet. My scoobs running 270ish bhp, and I wasted him from a standing start on a damp road, he started reeling me in when I got into third but I already had 3 or 4 car lengths on him. Like I said, nice car, but I prefer something you can use in all weather conditions.
Old 10 February 2004, 08:26 PM
easyrider
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Have a good test drive in a couple before you make your decision- i very nearly went down that route-i feel that if you want a drivers car that gives you a lot in return then stick with the scoob-i am lucky enough to be able to borrow the Redline magazine's Castrol Supra now and again which is the absolute dogs danglies to look at and to drive(v quick(400+BHP) and handles quite well)-the std TT feels quite tame compared even to a slightly modded scoob though(my previous MY98 with dawes device).
I opted out of getting the TT because of the practicalities of getting people in the back-there wasnt even enough comfortable room for my 3 Yr old daughter-let alone any mates!!!-I then went down the BMW route and brought a M3 EVO(321BHP) and was a bloody good car-but it just wasnt me-to refined to be a proper drivers car-i then sold it after 6 months and brought myself another scoob(MY01 bugeye with all the bits-morrettes ect)and havnt looked back since-IMO you cant beat a scoob for your money.

The TT is very tunable though

At the end of the day, you will have to find out for youself-You will know what you want when you try it.
Old 10 February 2004, 09:32 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

i looked at various options having also done the UK'97 saloon scooby initially was guna upgrade to STi type R but then wondered about a change looked at supras & skylines but ended up going with RX7 for various reasons but as already hinted at only real way to make yer mind up is with hands & feet on experiance see if it floats yer boat
Si