Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

how many auto scoobys out there?

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2004, 03:06 PM
ianch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how many auto scoobys out there?

hi
just wondered if there was anyone else with an auto scooby out there or am a rare minority?
Old 24 February 2004, 03:08 PM
pblakeway
Scooby Regular

im just about to take delivery of my second

does anyone know what the auto box can handle power wise? i resisted modding my first scooby (apart from the scoobyecu) but dont think im gonna be able to with the next one.

Last edited by pblakeway; 24 February 2004 at 03:11 PM.
Old 24 February 2004, 03:29 PM
ianch
Scooby Regular

Cool

what type do you have now? i have a my 94 wrx only mods so far are panel filter and tsl centre section and firestorm b box. its good to know ther are others out there!
Old 24 February 2004, 03:45 PM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

I know of a 93 Wrx locally that has an auto box,
Gary
Old 24 February 2004, 04:01 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Auto WRX's are quite common in Canada. I've always wondered what they must be like to drive. A good way to ruin a car IMHO

Not that I ever wanted to drive one, at least not while I've still got 2 legs.
Old 24 February 2004, 04:08 PM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jerome
Auto WRX's are quite common in Canada. I've always wondered what they must be like to drive. A good way to ruin a car IMHO

Not that I ever wanted to drive one, at least not while I've still got 2 legs.
Yeah, the guy that has the one here had a bike accident and his arm is not the best hence the auto, makes them accessable (sp) to everyone which can only be a good thing,
Old 24 February 2004, 04:12 PM
pblakeway
Scooby Regular

Ianch, ive got a 95WRX, just got to get it through the SVA/MOT hassle so sould be on the road in a few weeks, first mod is gonna be the scooby ecu, if i can get hold of one.

Gary- Its not a red one with 17" 5 spoke alloys is it, i sold my last one to a guy in NE scotland.

Jerome, thay may well be your opinion and to be honest if i ever get to properly drive the car i do think i should have bought a manual, but it suits my needs well - m4/5/42/1 in traffic twice a week and an auto is a godsend.

Trending Topics

Old 24 February 2004, 04:38 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pblakeway
Jerome, thay may well be your opinion and to be honest if i ever get to properly drive the car i do think i should have bought a manual, but it suits my needs well - m4/5/42/1 in traffic twice a week and an auto is a godsend.
I admit that, depending on the use, an auto box may be preferable. Having said that, I lived in the City with my Scoob for 2+ years and, even though I spent many long periods sitting in traffic, I still loved having a manual.

I'm probably biased because all the auto cars I've ever driven have been gutless. I'm hoping to get a spin in my GF's father's E36 AMG Merc this summer - I may change my mind then.
Old 24 February 2004, 04:54 PM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

Ianch, ive got a 95WRX, just got to get it through the SVA/MOT hassle so sould be on the road in a few weeks, first mod is gonna be the scooby ecu, if i can get hold of one.

Gary- Its not a red one with 17" 5 spoke alloys is it, i sold my last one to a guy in NE scotland.

No, its a black one, but I'll keep an eye out for your old one,
Old 25 February 2004, 12:44 PM
Jimmy Dell
Scooby Regular

Wink

im just about to take delivery of my second

does anyone know what the auto box can handle power wise? i resisted modding my first scooby (apart from the scoobyecu) but dont think im gonna be able to with the next one.
I'm just about to find out.
Old 25 February 2004, 04:59 PM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

I think you will have problems upgrading the ECU as a reprogramed one will not speak to the auto box controlling ECU in loving tender whispers and so the box does not like to change gear.

I drive an Auto, but it is a sport and a wagon. And yes I have two good legs and two good arms and am only 24. But to be honest I like driving the auto, it is soo Much easier to drive and is not slow. It will take the engine right to the rev limiter in each gear if you place it in POWER mode. Over taking is soo easy, just nail the gas and go, the auto box sorts out the rest!!