ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

QUESTION FROM DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA ON MYO4

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2004, 05:56 AM
gumboot
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTION FROM DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA ON MYO4

I recieved my graphite black MY04 WRX two days ago and am loving it!The question I pose is that the salesman said that the first service is only at 12500kms,reading here for sometime you guys have an oilchange service at 1000miles.Checking in the car manual it also says that first service is at 12500 kms with no mention of an oil change after run in.Is it possible UK cars versus,I assume, Australia spec cars differ in this regard?I had a MYOO GT as my last Scooby and even with my new one still being so tight (only 120km on) it still feel stronger as it comes into boost( don't worry not taking it passed 5000rpm only every now and again but mainly keeping it below 4000rpm as specified in the manual) The suspension is also phenomenal, like chalk and cheese compared.Also if people could please show me their version on colouring the standard mags ,not to sure whether to keep standard or go gold.

Thanks for the great site and please don't let posting threads in here become compulsory to pay, as 10 pounds here in South Africa is a sh*t load of money just to exchange ideas and advice.
Old 19 March 2004, 09:04 AM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gumboot
I recieved my graphite black MY04 WRX two days ago and am loving it!The question I pose is that the salesman said that the first service is only at 12500kms,reading here for sometime you guys have an oilchange service at 1000miles.Checking in the car manual it also says that first service is at 12500 kms with no mention of an oil change after run in.Is it possible UK cars versus,I assume, Australia spec cars differ in this regard?I had a MYOO GT as my last Scooby and even with my new one still being so tight (only 120km on) it still feel stronger as it comes into boost( don't worry not taking it passed 5000rpm only every now and again but mainly keeping it below 4000rpm as specified in the manual) The suspension is also phenomenal, like chalk and cheese compared.Also if people could please show me their version on colouring the standard mags ,not to sure whether to keep standard or go gold.

Thanks for the great site and please don't let posting threads in here become compulsory to pay, as 10 pounds here in South Africa is a sh*t load of money just to exchange ideas and advice.
I doubt there are any major differences internally to warrant not having an oil change until 12500km, it's more how the importer wants to interpret the warranty and how much confidence they have in it.

I'd suggest that you have the oil changed at 1500km anyway - it won't do any harm and it's probably wise to change the oil every 7500km as well. At the end of the day, there's little point in scrimping on oil changes when the alterantive is an expensive and time consuming rebuild.