ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Crap service by Subaru dealer

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2004, 07:03 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crap service by Subaru dealer

Had my scoob serviced by a Subaru dealer whom shall remain annonymous for now and since the service in mid Feb i've been getting a 'snorting' sound when putting my foot down a little, before this service the car was fine , also the car has been DRINKING petrol, so instead of travelling the 30 or so miles back to the dealer i thought i'd have a quick look myself. Guess what, they had not clipped the air filter housing back together properly, air was getting to the inlet monifold without going through the filter and warm air intakes so the car was running on 'choke' all the time , no wonder it seemed to be running rough. This was a different dealer to my normal one that closed down, just can't trust them now, anyone else had these problems with poor services?
Old 23 March 2004, 07:04 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

wasn't drive subaru in falkirk was it? lol
Old 23 March 2004, 07:06 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

No mate, it was not.

I find it a little annoying that you pay good money for a service and the car runs like a dog afterwards.
Old 23 March 2004, 07:28 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigRed
Had my scoob serviced by a Subaru dealer whom shall remain annonymous for now and since the service in mid Feb i've been getting a 'snorting' sound when putting my foot down a little, before this service the car was fine , also the car has been DRINKING petrol, so instead of travelling the 30 or so miles back to the dealer i thought i'd have a quick look myself. Guess what, they had not clipped the air filter housing back together properly, air was getting to the inlet monifold without going through the filter and warm air intakes so the car was running on 'choke' all the time , no wonder it seemed to be running rough. This was a different dealer to my normal one that closed down, just can't trust them now, anyone else had these problems with poor services?
you should let people know wot dealers this was to save it happening to others...

BM
Old 23 March 2004, 07:30 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

That's "servicing" mate, spelt S C A M :

As an mechanic/garage owner once said to me: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Do you go to the doctor at 6 monthly intervals and ask him to cut you open to see if you're OK"?

Perhaps a bit extreme, and I can see the point of air/oil filters etc, and oil changes, but the rest?

S C A M

Alcazar
Old 23 March 2004, 07:42 PM
MR Fusion
Scooby Regular

For legal reasons I can understand why BigRed doesn't want to mention the particular dealership, but I've had an appalling service (not in the oil/filter sense ) from another dealership in the midlands, and would be keen to know of a decent Subaru place to take the ol' Scoob...and where to avoid.
Old 23 March 2004, 07:47 PM
WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigRed
Haddocks at Colchester by any chance?

I'm due my service on my MY98 at the end of the month but heard rumours about them not being up to scratch at the moment. To be fair they are in temp housing with a new dealership being built from what I hear but they seem to be lacking set-up wise at the mo. Might go to Chelmsford instead this time.

Trending Topics

Old 23 March 2004, 07:48 PM
WR1
Scooby Regular

Actually just noticed your from Nottingham so unless you were well out of your way it probably wasn't Haddocks...
Old 23 March 2004, 07:57 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by MR Fusion
For legal reasons I can understand why BigRed doesn't want to mention the particular dealership, but I've had an appalling service (not in the oil/filter sense ) from another dealership in the midlands, and would be keen to know of a decent Subaru place to take the ol' Scoob...and where to avoid.

theres no legal reason he shouldnt,they fukked up and by him telling people wot they done is not a crime,if its true then there is no case...

BM
Old 23 March 2004, 08:20 PM
Tandy
Scooby Regular

Default Servicing!

Had a trip to TSL in nottingham last week to have remap, they spotted the rear disk's fitted were the the wrong one's.

The garage that I purchased it from fitted them prior to my purchase (not a Subaru dealer) however I had just had the vehicle serviced by a Subaru dealer as I asked them to rotate the tyres they should of had a far better view of the disk's than TSL's engineers did.

My car is going to TSL for a service next time.
Old 23 March 2004, 09:51 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Still not gonna name the dealer, but they are NOT in Nottinghamshire.

The air filter housing was not in the plastic lugs at the bottom of the housing making it possible for air to leak past the filter through the gaping gap and straight into the inlet man. This took me a couple of min's to put right, although you should'nt have to do this anyway.

Hope it has not done any damage, the car runs a treat now.
Old 23 March 2004, 10:01 PM
Scooby300
Scooby Regular

so it must be the one in Derby then
Old 23 March 2004, 10:13 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Angry 5 hours for a 80 minute service.

Originally Posted by WR1
Might go to Chelmsford instead this time.
Make sure you have plenty of time on your hands.I had the 10,000 mile service done on my 03 WRX in Chelmsford.I was booked in a couple of weeks in advance(so plenty of notice) & I asked for an early slot & was told have the car there for 9.00 am,which I did.

0900 I left my mobile number & said to ring me when it was ready,then ???? from sales kindly ran me into town.

12.00 I had heard nothing so rang them."I'll get someone to call you back as there is no answer from service at the moment".I was told.

12.45 having heard nothing I rang sales & got ???? to run me back from town prior to him doing a test drive for someone.

13.00 I am back in reception & ask for a progress report on my car."I'll get someone to come & tell you". I was told.

13.30 & still no news I am on the verge of meltdown.

13.45 I am finally told it's ready.

14.00 I drive away from the forecourt £150 lighter & 5 hours of my life gone.

I was thankfully only charged for the time it should have taken as laid down by IM. (Labour 1.33 hours @ £65/hr = £86.45)

So if it only takes 1 hour & 20 minutes to do the service why did they keep me hanging about 5 hours?

While i'm at it,one final moan.I tried to ring their parts department today as I want to order some wiper blades/mats/Prodrive springs & all I got was their -cough- "Subaru Parts Hot line" answerphone -cough- FIVE times at various times in the afternoon untill I gave up.

If this is what the IM shakeup of dealerships has done then God help us.

Anyone got the number for Wilsons?

Mark
Old 23 March 2004, 11:35 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

No not in Derby, one of the Lincolnshire one mate
Old 23 March 2004, 11:39 PM
WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC
Anyone got the number for Wilsons?

Mark
Yeah, it's on my number plate! I got my car from Wilsons and had it serviced there for the first 3 years or so as it was convenient. They always did a good job but then I was leaving the car in the morning and picking up after work so plenty of time. The only thing they did wrong was not stamping the service book one time.

Perhaps I should just take the thing to Halfords
Old 24 March 2004, 05:00 AM
julian N/W wrx my93
Scooby Regular

and that ladys and gentalme, is why I service my car myself. I mean i can't prove that I have the oil and filters changed every 2k miles but i know its done and done to my satifaction. The only thing i don't touch is the cambelt, but after reading some threads on here, even that doesn't sound so hard to do.

Plus i'm saving myself a hell of a lot of money.

If your goinhg to keep your car forever ( like me ) who gives a **** about service stamps!!!!
Old 24 March 2004, 09:57 AM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

WR1 & FLATERIC you have PM.

Blobster
Old 24 March 2004, 10:13 AM
sti joy
Scooby Regular

Question

there is only one subaru dealership in lincolnshire they have 3 garages one at lincoln, grantham, horncastle which one
Old 24 March 2004, 10:34 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Originally Posted by Blobster
WR1 & FLATERIC you have PM.

Blobster
You have PM back at ya.

Mark