ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

What should I ask

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2004, 04:21 PM
Mr Slim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I ask

Thinking of selling my Scooby, Its a MY00 (w) reg, with only 27'000 miles, it has a full Subaru service history, and some mods. This is what it has. PPP, de-cat center, Gold 6 spoke speedlines, Blitz turbo timer, 6 CD changer, Lexus style rear lights, and crystle side reapeters, Forge VTA blow off valve. Im not too sure what to ask for it when I put it in the Trader, I need about £11,000 is this realistice or optamistic.

Thanks for any opinions.

Slim
Old 24 March 2004, 04:30 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Slim,
I would say £11k is reasonable for a quality example of a classic, good ones which have not been too heavily modded are getting rare. Colour makes a difference too (DBM & Silver being the most popular).
I have an Xreg MY00 with only 19k on the clock, with only mods being 17"alloys and a WRSport BB, I'd be looking for £12-12.5K if I was selling (which I'm not), but the old phrase comes into play, "a car's only worth what someone is willing to pay".
Good luck with the sale, and hold out for a good price if you can.

Ian....
Old 24 March 2004, 04:40 PM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Slim
Thinking of selling my Scooby, Its a MY00 (w) reg, with only 27'000 miles, it has a full Subaru service history, and some mods. This is what it has. PPP, de-cat center, Gold 6 spoke speedlines, Blitz turbo timer, 6 CD changer, Lexus style rear lights, and crystle side reapeters, Forge VTA blow off valve. Im not too sure what to ask for it when I put it in the Trader, I need about £11,000 is this realistice or optamistic.

Thanks for any opinions.

Slim
I would just look at what a roughly equivilant car is askng in the autotrader and ey presto theres your price.
Old 24 March 2004, 04:44 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

If I were you I'd dump the Lexus lights and the VTA, the other mods are conservative enough
Old 25 March 2004, 04:35 PM
Mr Slim
Scooby Regular

Thanks Lads.