95 uk scooby vs GTi-R

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2004, 01:47 AM
uk95scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 95 uk scooby vs GTi-R

Hi All,

I know a bit boring now !! but the other night i was on my way home and i was taking it easy listening to the radio and i looked in my rear view mirror and saw some t**t was about 2 inches from my boot !! (happens all the time now i own a scooby) and as i am used to it now i took no notice and just keeped at the same speed ( this tends to p**s em off more).. Came to a set of traffic lights and the road went into 2 lanes and what do you know this GTi R pulls around and next to me ( young baseball cap kid) and started laughing at MY SCOOBY !! Well i wasnt sure if i could beet him off the lights as i have heard they are scooby eaters ? but i thought no p***k is going to laugh at MY SCOOBY !! (sorry about the capital letters but i love my scooby) So as they changed to green i went for it and so did he and to my amazement it could take me ? i pulled away from him and even though he was there he could nt seem to keep up ! As i had proved a point i slowed down and took it easy, much to he's disaproval !! Anyway to cut a long story short (i know to late) he pulled up next to me at the next island and put his window down and so did i ! He said it was on of the fastest scooby's he had come up against !! I asked him what he was pushing and he said 295 bhp !! I said oh that why you could keep up im hitting 310 bhp !! ohh he said and pulled away (just as i started laughing myself !!) as my scooby is a uk standard and the last rolling road was 232 bhp.

So the real question is how fast are these GTi R's and are they scooby eaters or is it just pipe dream for them ?

Paul
Old 02 April 2004, 05:47 AM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

on paper the GTI-R should be quicker but uk scooby's with just 212 bhp have done very low 5s to 60 so i quite believe you pulled away from him if you were giveing it some round the bends you would have been absolute miles in front of him they don't handle very well,as standard anyway
Old 02 April 2004, 06:49 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Get a scoobyecu as well, you'll blow them into the weeds, as well as lots of other stuff
Old 02 April 2004, 07:17 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Lots of BS power claims (probably 'cos loads are "tuned" by RCD)

All IMO
Old 02 April 2004, 07:25 AM
ByByR1
Scooby Regular

Top Thread, don't you just love em!
Old 02 April 2004, 07:27 AM
uk95scooby
Scooby Regular

Default One is on the way !! yeah !!

Originally Posted by NACRO
Get a scoobyecu as well, you'll blow them into the weeds, as well as lots of other stuff

The only mod i have is a de-cat centerbox. I am waiting for the scoobyecu to arrive..gr8 !!

I am sure he was full of S**t when he said 295bhp !! either full of s**t or couldnt drive it !! but i couldnt resist saying mind had 310bhp ...he,he..

All i can say is lads you guys that have the 300+ bhp scooby must have so much fun in em...

I must say the only other car that made me feel like a clapped out gti was a 03 STi scooby who pulled along side me on the motorway as i was doing 90mph (70mph officer) stayed there for a moment to let me look at it and then roared it to hyper speed (you know like the enterprise) and before i knew it he was gone.

Its on my wish list !! But i still love mine....

Paul