ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Trackers....

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2004, 03:15 PM
xiw2155
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackers....

My insurance company wont renew policy without it. what is the best to buy and how much are they? promp assisstance appreciated.
Old 22 April 2004, 03:32 PM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by xiw2155
My insurance company wont renew policy without it. what is the best to buy and how much are they? promp assisstance appreciated.
RAC trackstar is pretty good apparenlty...£299 + fitting + subscription
Old 22 April 2004, 03:39 PM
Mark_B
Scooby Regular

Post Tracker

Hi, info as below, hope it helps

Tracker Retrieve 12v

This is the most basic of the three Tracker systems. This system is fitted to the vehicle and only activated when the owner of the vehicle contacts the Tracker control centre and notifies them that the vehicle has been stolen. After this the Tracker is activated by the Tracker Control Centre and the Police are able to home in on the Tracker System signal and recover the vehicle as quickly as possible.

Tracker Monitor 12v

This is the system that monitors the vehicle that is fitted to 24hours a day hence the name Tracker Monitor. This system works on a mercury switch that is activated when the ignition is turned off. If the vehicle is started without the ignition key or is moved, whether it has been broken into or not, the Tracker control centre with inform both the owner of the vehicle and the Police that the car has been moved with the ignition key being used and the process of recovery can then start. As this is monitored 24Hrs a day it doesn't matter when or where the vehicle is stolen from (UK Only), Tracker will let you know as soon as the vehicle is moved

Tracker Horizon 12v

Tracker Horizon operates in the same way as Tracker Monitor with one exception. Tracker Horizon also has a satellite-locating device installed. Using GPS constellation of 24 satellites. Tracker Horizon enables the Tracker control centre to immediately establish a geographical location of the stolen vehicle. Trackers combination of two locating technologies mean accurate and immediate positioning of a stolen vehicle (using GPS mapping screens) and the retrieval by the Police (using proven radio transmission technology) wherever the stolen vehicle may be hidden or concealed (UK only)
Old 22 April 2004, 03:56 PM
xiw2155
Scooby Regular

best place in the northwest to get em?
Old 22 April 2004, 07:13 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

I would go for the monitor option as this with some companies is the minimum they require.

simb
Old 22 April 2004, 07:30 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

We have the new Trackstar Plus, which was £450 fitted. Subscription is £120 per year, plus you have the option of Speed Safe device, (£72 for the year) which picks up Speed Camera's. It is free for the 1st 3 months if you pay by DD.

Trackstar Plus is GPS based.
Old 22 April 2004, 07:41 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Go with liverpool victoria, no tracker needed, who would want it back after some little oik has chored it anyway

Trending Topics

Old 22 April 2004, 08:33 PM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

how is trackstar plus as a speed camera detector? I already have a ridiculously expensive trackstar monitor for £600, 6 months ago, and was thinking about a road angel.

But trackstar plus is cheaper with speed camera detection if I pay by DD, and could I sell the original?