ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

My pride and joy has got to go

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2004, 06:13 PM
Big Flex
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My pride and joy has got to go

So, I drove the girlfriends car home last night and got pulled. Had no insurance. I'm getting 5 points and a huge *** fine. The problem is, I cannot find an insurance company now that will insure me on my Scoob with points(insurance due end of month), as I'm only 23, so I gotta sell it. I can safely say i'm heartbroken and realise that now i'm gonna be driving round in my clio again. Devastated.
Old 22 April 2004, 06:29 PM
coskev3
Scooby Newbie

That's what happens when you drive with no insurance you w*nker!
Old 22 April 2004, 06:46 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

What the f*ck are you doing driving around with no insurance? T*sser.

You should be banned, points aren't enough to teach people like you.

And anway not sure I believe this thread. You would have been insured TP on the GF's car, assuming you are fully comp on the Scooby, assuming you even have one.

Last edited by DJ140; 22 April 2004 at 06:49 PM.
Old 22 April 2004, 06:48 PM
PaulT68
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Does n't your scooby insurance cover you to drive another car third party. Or do you drive that uninsured.

Sorry but if you drive with out insurance you are a Tw@t and don't deserve to ever be insured again.
Old 22 April 2004, 06:48 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by DJ140
What the f*ck are you doing driving around with no insurance? T*sser.

And what do you mean your insurance is due at the end of the month, you haven't got any!!!

Probably still at school.
Well said - I pay a friggin fortune for my insurance in a good area with good no claims and I am 29 (today).

Anyone who has no good reason for not being insured is costing me and everyone else money.

Brian.
Old 22 April 2004, 06:49 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Close the door when you leave
Old 22 April 2004, 06:53 PM
Journeyman
Scooby Regular

I think he means he has insurance on his scooby only, i.e not insured to drive his girlfriends car on his/her policy.....

On my fully comp. policy I'm insured to drive any other car third party as long as I have the owners permission to take it of course.
Old 22 April 2004, 06:56 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxmania
Well said - I pay a friggin fortune for my insurance in a good area with good no claims and I am 29 (today).

Anyone who has no good reason for not being insured is costing me and everyone else money.

Brian.
Hey, happy birthday.

Andy.
Old 22 April 2004, 06:56 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Journeyman
I think he means he has insurance on his scooby only, i.e not insured to drive his girlfriends car on his/her policy.....

On my fully comp. policy I'm insured to drive any other car third party as long as I have the owners permission to take it of course.
I thought that was standard on all poilicies in case you have to drive a car in an emergency etc?

The insurance whilst based on the car insured, is also about the person and their liability so I can't imagine any policies not covering thrid party on another car???

I may be wrong,

Brian.
Old 22 April 2004, 06:58 PM
crazyav
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by wrxmania
I thought that was standard on all poilicies in case you have to drive a car in an emergency etc?

The insurance whilst based on the car insured, is also about the person and their liability so I can't imagine any policies not covering thrid party on another car???

I may be wrong,

Brian.
Many policies specifically exclude drivers under 25 from this benefit.

Crazyp
Old 22 April 2004, 07:01 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Big Flex
So, I drove the girlfriends car home last night and got pulled. Had no insurance. I'm getting 5 points and a huge *** fine. The problem is, I cannot find an insurance company now that will insure me on my Scoob with points(insurance due end of month), as I'm only 23, so I gotta sell it. I can safely say i'm heartbroken and realise that now i'm gonna be driving round in my clio again. Devastated.
if this isn't bollocks,
shame you're only getting 5 points and big fine. if it were up to me i'd ban you on the spot, take all the money you own and lock you up for a week in the cells with bubba the **** rapist!!

you're the kind of ****head i dread getting involved in an accident with, as it will only end up costing me my NCD and put my insurance up, while you get a slap on the wrist.

hope you're posting this as a wind up coz scoobynet (and the world for that matter) don't need you around.
Old 22 April 2004, 07:04 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Walwal
Hey, happy birthday.

Andy.
Cheers Andy,

Survived my Birthday so far!!!! No major disasters!!

Just had another appallingly laughable insurance quote from Chruchill!!!!!

Useless,

Thanks anyway Walwal,

Brian.
Old 22 April 2004, 07:06 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Talking

Let's hear all the info.

Last edited by wrxmania; 22 April 2004 at 07:09 PM.
Old 22 April 2004, 07:06 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Alright lads give him a chance(unless i'm missing somthing here), it may have been a genuine mistake.
Big flex - I would check you policy certificate to see if your insurance company allows you to drive other cars. You do not have to be Fully Comp to get this benefit, you just have to meet each insurance companies criteria to get this, i.e age, occupation etc

simb
Old 22 April 2004, 08:57 PM
Higgs
Scooby Regular

im 22 and tesco wont let me drive other cars intill im 25 even tho i pay £2000 to insure my sti 5 type r i asked them about it and said its stupid that if i can drive a group 20 car every day then surley i can handle a normal car every now and then but she said sorry thats not part of the crytearer u have to be 25
Old 22 April 2004, 09:06 PM
subaru-impreza.org
Scooby Regular

Bit of a debate going on here!

Happy Birthday Andy but dont start me on this topic.....

Gareth
from http://www.subaru-impreza.org
Old 22 April 2004, 09:16 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Same with my missus cant drive other cars till she's 25.
Old 22 April 2004, 09:23 PM
kazlo
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

guess you picked the wrong forum for sympathy , when we all pay high premiums to cover people who drive without insurance etc.................!
Old 23 April 2004, 09:40 AM
Big Flex
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys! I do have one...and yes, it is insured. I couldn't get insurance for it myself, so i insured it in my mums name so that it was cheaper, and that's why i wasn't insured on her car. Tell you what i'll do next time. I'll let her drink drive, then when she kills someone, I'll say you guys said it was fine.
Old 23 April 2004, 09:48 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Thanks guys! I do have one...and yes, it is insured. I couldn't get insurance for it myself, so i insured it in my mums name so that it was cheaper, and that's why i wasn't insured on her car. Tell you what i'll do next time. I'll let her drink drive, then when she kills someone, I'll say you guys said it was fine.
lmao. OK mate since the scoobs gotta go Im looking to buy 1, PM us the spec over and what have ya might be interested

thanks
Old 23 April 2004, 09:49 AM
Tchort
Scooby Regular

no you ***** if she was drunk and you didn't have insurance you walk or get a taxi (or get someone to give you both a lift)

trying to say you would do something even more stupid doesent forgive the a55hole thing you did.

Grow up and get banned.
Old 23 April 2004, 09:56 AM
Molds
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down Muppet

You have to take responsibility for your own actions, as does your g/f. Do you think it would have been any better for some poor 3rd party if _you_ had an uninsured accident?

I would be surprised if you find anyone with a sympathy vote.
Old 23 April 2004, 10:26 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Default ****!

That's no excuse... if your girlfriend goes out and gets pissed tell her to get a ****in taxi home!!! People that drive without insurance, for whatever reason should be band. Full stop .

Serves you right.... hope you like the clio

Tony.
Old 23 April 2004, 10:34 AM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

The lesser of two evils??
How imature you are ....... Take it on the chin like a real man! You did wrong and you got caught

You're still a stupid tw@t - and deserve everything you get! I'll bet £10-20 on a Taxi now sounds like a good idea???
Old 23 April 2004, 10:34 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I think you lot are spouting ****.

I for one have done it, and I suspect others on here have too, the difference is I didnt get caught, im no longer insured on my dads car, it hasnt stopped me moving it out of the way of my car..

FWIW, a friend of mine got 9 points for the pleasure of it.

Before you criticise, think long and hard as to whether you have ever driven when the mot and / or tax had run out and you hadnt realised.. if you have ever bumped a car off for someone.. or what you did back in your younger days..

We all learn by our mistakes.. its all if, but's and maybe's. No one died / got hurt on this occasion, And its not like he drives 24x7 without insurance.

David
Old 23 April 2004, 10:37 AM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

No sympathy for you,you must have known you were not insured.your insurance will be sky high till your at least 26,ha ha ha ha ha.
mac.
Old 23 April 2004, 10:41 AM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

What a complete tw*t!! No consideration for anyone... Hope you have to walk everywhere....
Old 23 April 2004, 10:53 AM
ZippyEFC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Just pay for a Taxi bellwhiff it will be cheaper in the long run
Old 23 April 2004, 11:17 AM
PaulT68
Scooby Regular

No one said it was fine to drink and drive, or drive without insurance.

Ever heard of a taxi?
Old 23 April 2004, 11:27 AM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

We're also missing the point that the girlfriend could have been reported for PERMITTING Mr Flex for driving without insurance too

Quick Reply: My pride and joy has got to go