ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Warrender ?

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2000, 06:23 PM
WALKER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Thinking about buying my next Scoob from Warrender in Bolton, infact i`m very close too it.
Has anybody on this BBS had any dealings with this company?
Could you please let me know what you think of them, good or bad, and also whether their warrenty is any good.

Cheers

Paul
Old 29 June 2000, 08:29 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

I've never dealt with them, only seen their adverts, but they always seem on the expensive side. They have been in the import game for a long time, one of the early players.
Check your prices first (back of Evo).
Old 29 June 2000, 09:49 PM
Chunky
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I tried to buy a Golf VR6 from them a few years ago,straight sale, but I could'nt get them too talk sense about a discount.The salesboy (he can only have been 17 tops), as much as said take it or leave it.So I crossed the road to Smith Knight Fay VW garage and bought a new GTi 16v. I left Warrenders feeling they were a dodgy outfit with who knows in charge. This was a few years ago,and is only an observation.I see quite a few Evo's and scooby's with there plates on so they must shift a few cars.

Happy hunting
Old 29 June 2000, 10:12 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

MTR

[This message has been edited by MTR (edited 17 September 2000).]
Old 29 June 2000, 10:48 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

sent u an email of where i got my scoob from, good bunch of guys, and u talk face to face, they also do the servicing and give u a warranty.
Tony
Old 29 June 2000, 10:55 PM
pwebb
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Paul,

nothing wrong with warrender - though you will pay a bit of a premium there - speak to stephen philips = main man and try to avoid the sales blokes. Warranty is probably as good as any others - indeed not many others offer a warranty at all - IMHO warrender is a safe if expensive route to buying an import.... you will also want to try Auto Tecnica in huddersfield who are equally competent but probably more favourable on pricing.

I have pals who have bought evo 6s and stis from warrender and are very happy, likewise auto tecnica.

there are other routes to a grey that are cheaper and don't involve places such as the above but if you want to be sure that all the paperwork is in order, vat paid etc. then these will be fine - also there is a fair chance they will help out with servicing/warranty work - though I would highly recommend C+K in Longsight, Manchester for all servicing work on a wrx or sti.

get in touch if you want to discuss further -
I can forward you some e-mail addresses of buyers from these garages...

paul.webber@avecia.com

cheers, Paul W
Old 29 June 2000, 11:12 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

As you're from Warwickshire, try Roger Clark Motorsport in Desford, Leicestershire.
Old 29 June 2000, 11:42 PM
Harry
Scooby Regular

I bought a new Scooby import from Warrender 6 months ago. I'm not saying they're a bad lot but! When the car was delivered I signed for it and asked for the reg. docs. He told me they hadn't got them back from DVLA yet, I asked how they knew the reg. plate. He told me it was off another Impreza still in the showroom! and if the police stopped me just to plead ignorant. I took it back for a service last week and told them the brakes were squealing, they said the brakes had been stripped down and had a full service. I drove the car out of the garage and the brakes still squealed. I took them apart the day after to copper-ease them and the bolt didn't feel like it had been off the day before? They couldn't give me an estimate for the service but told me it would be under £100. The bill was £116. I gave £120 only to be told they had no change and would have to owe me!!! CHEEKY BARSTEWARDS
Old 30 June 2000, 06:51 AM
WALKER
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks for the replys
Appears to be mixed feelings about this dealer, i will view the car tomorrow and make my decision then. But you know what its like, if the car looks good, it`ll be `i want, i want` and all reasoning goes out the window.

Cheers

Paul
Old 30 June 2000, 12:04 PM
richc
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Got my new STi6 off Warrender - no probs at all. They gave me a good price for my old Impreza as a trade in, and when the new one needed some expensive gear box work, they paid up with no questions asked. Good luck.

Rich.
Old 30 June 2000, 01:01 PM
Paul Frank
Scooby Regular

Well I'd agree about Warrenders sales attitude - it cost them a sale to me of a 2nd hand car a couple of years back (told me price was not negotiable - "it'll go this weekend at that" - hmm, so why the 4 months old expired tax disk hidden in the glovebox I think . . .?). The muppets let me walk rather than drop the (cash!) price. Car was still there 6 weeks later

Also have a mate who bought an EVO from Warrender & would never go there again - he has since bought 3 cars from AutoTecnica.

My STi5 came from AT as did Darren's (posts here as Milky) UK car. We both rate Steve ***, he does have a dislike for idiots (aka w***ers) and simply would rather not deal with them . . . I will say no more

Your money, your call.
FWIW
Paul

Old 30 June 2000, 01:20 PM
Ian Sutton
Scooby Regular

I think Track marques are the cheapest. I got my STI from there about 15 mths back,3 year warranty etc..very happy.

Old 30 June 2000, 01:20 PM
Milky
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Can't agree enough with Paul, Auto-Tecnica in Mirfield(01924 494 884) are one of the best if not the best companies I have ever dealt with.
Both Steve (the boss) and Lee (the mechanic) have an enthusiast's approach to all the cars they deal with. Steve/Lee both deal with customers more as friends, and therefore whats good for them is good for the customer.
Lee looks after each car he service's/fit's alarms.. whatever meticulously.

What more can I say...

Darren.
p.s. I'm not on commission or work for them, just a very, very happy customer, along with every other customer I know of Steve's.