ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Boxter pants!

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2000, 10:31 PM
MarkM
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Took the Scoob in for it's 1,000 mile, so thought I'd test a Boxster S whilst the service was being carried out.
So how would they compare? I was expecting to be stunned by the performance and handling. I was thinking that the Scoob would be some cheap substitute for a real car. Wrong, wrong, wrong! The Boxster felt heavy, it didn't grip as well and where was the warp factor, where was the "Oh my word" factor? £38,000 for a new (UK) Boxster? I think I rather buy another 2 Scoob's if you don't mind, far more smiles per miles!

PS Oops, typo on the Subject line there.

[This message has been edited by MarkM (edited 02-07-2000).]
Old 02 July 2000, 11:53 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Hi
Went to the KFC the other day on the way back pulled up at traffic lights 5 lanes in total 2 going round to the right. I was in the left of the 2 going right Mr Boxter pulls up slick back hair, shade etc. He check the Scoob out then proceeded to countinuosly blip the throttle on the boxter, i carried on drinking my pepsi, then thought sod it cup holders rule! lights went green we both floored it i went straight up to 60 (Speed limit) and kept there eventually he caught up just before i went left at a roundabout he went straight on looked in rear view mirror to see him looking my direction shaking his head in utter disbelieve (probably gone and traded it in).
Cheers
Simon
Ps Sorry that was long winded but you should hear how long it take me to explain things vocally
Old 03 July 2000, 12:20 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Interesting comments on the "S", since the road test figures show it's a bit quicker than a scoob.

I agree with your comments on the standard boxster, no way is it worth the extra over an impreza, but oh what an engine note!!!

Can we also assume, from your performance comments, that your scoob has not been run in "by the book" before it's 1000 mile service
Old 03 July 2000, 07:36 PM
scoobymike
Scooby Regular

Oh Mark

so it looks like you haven't driven a rwd properly before.

I think you can't just make a reasonable statement about the Porsche after a short blast. Drive it also 1000miles as you did with your Scoob and then judge again.

I can say (owning a tuned Scoob, mother got a Boxster S) that the steering of the Porsche is much meatier than that of the Scoob and reaching the limit on everyday roads is quite dangerous (or you got some reprints of your license). And how can it come that Boxster S laps the Nuerburgring in 8,32 and the Scoob in 8,39 (very respectible though).
With my tuned Scoob it's another story

Cheers
Scoobymike